Community post

Question

How to cope with miscarriage?

I experienced a very early miscarriage today and am
very sad. Not only from the emotional pain but the physical as well. I was wondering if anyone could help me or offer advice on how they coped and when they started trying and exercising again. I have seen my doctor and not been offered much useful advice.

7 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. :( I had a stillborn baby girl at 28 weeks 7 years ago and on the 26th of this month an early miscarriage. You have to go through the sad phase in order to start healing. It just happened today and you are bound to be really sad, you're grieving of what could have been. You might get mad too. But one very important thing to remember is that this was NOT your fault. I blamed myself and that is the worst thing to do. The thing that helped me the most is the support from friends and family. Also, I don't know if you are spiritual or not, but if you are, pray for the pain to ease. As far as trying again most Dr.s tell you to wait until you have a normal cycle to start trying again, but I've already started. I think that only you know that answer, when you feel ready too start trying then by all means go ahead. Again I am so so sorry that you are going through this and I wish you the best on your journey. *hug hug hug*

12 years ago

Oh honey, (((hugs))). I've had two losses, and both were emotional nightmares. You're dealing with disappointment, grief, roller coaster hormones, and physical pain. The worst (well one of the worst things) thing was that the dad did NOT understand how I could be so upset over what was essentially a tiny ball of cells. I feel like men can never really understand what pregnancy or pg'cy loss is about. I found a lot of comfort in my mom and female friends who had had miscarriages and took me seriously.

12 years ago

Thankyou both so much for sharing your stories. I was not very far along but we had been trying for 8 months so it is very heartbreaking. I am not sure what to take for the pain I haven't been advised on any medication and have been to scared to take anything as I don't personally like to take anything. I had an ultrasound today and won't find out anything until tmw. Hopefully nature will just take its course

12 years ago • Post starter

Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry for your loss. I also had a m/c at 13 weeks in March and it was devastating. My husband and I are in our 40's and it was our first. Let me say don't let anyone negate what you are feeling. The other ladies are right, you are going to have a roller coaster of emotions over the next few weeks, but just feel them. Allow yourself to grieve. Just because your baby was a "mass of cells" does not mean it was less real to you. Acknowledge that you had a very personal loss and don't try to hide it or push it away. Take time to grieve and you will know when you are ready to try again. My doctor told me we could try again after my first cycle, as my m/c was natural. Some say wait 2 to 3 months. I feel its totally up to you and what you are comfortable with. My heart is with you and I wish you all the luck in the world plus tons of baby dust. Hugs to you.

12 years ago

I'm sorry to hear of yr loss also dmartin65. You must have thought after 12 weeks you could relax finally. I am dealing with it ok. I am lucky to have a very loving & caring husband who has really looked after me. I think we will give my body a break for 1 month then try again. I feel confident for next time round I know things will be different

I am so sorry you are going through this. I have had three losses. The most recent was April 18th at 5 weeks. Like the other ladies have said you need to grieve, it's part of the process. It can take a while to get over, but just know that things will get better with time. As for trying again, my doctor advised waiting at least 2 cycles, but because we feel we have waisted too much time already and we feel emotionally and physically ready we have started again before my first cycle. It is up to you, but if there is a reason medically I would wait at least 1-3 cycles. I'm not sure how much pain you are in, but could you try just taking ibprofin? You don't want to take asprin as it thins the blood. Maybe your doctor can perscribe you something stronger? Good luck to you sweetie!

12 years ago

Thankyou all so much for taking the time to
Answer me i really appreciate it. I think we will wait for one cycle as I don't want to waste any time. Good luck to you all xx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo