Community post

Question

Anyone else have a backward uterus?

I'm just curious. After a year of TTC we went to a gynae who finally told me I have a backward uterus. I can still fall pregnant but it can be a little more complicated and painful etc. Anyone have this problem and what was your TTC experience? I'd be grateful for any input!

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I have a retroflexed uterus also. One OB told me it would make getting pregnant more difficult but that was 5 years ago and subsequent OBs have told me that this is hogwash (maybe a 4% increase in difficulty). I got pregnant with my beautiful daughter in 09 after five months of naturally trying (BBT, preseed, and OPKs). When my uterus flipped foward at about 15 weeks (when the baby was heavy and pulled it forward), it was pretty uncomfortable for about 5-8 hours then nothing. It felt like intense cramps (labor was much more uncomfortable). I had no other problems for the rest of the pregnancy. It does flip back after the pregnancy just as an fyi. I have been trying for three months (on our fourth cycle), and I have no reason to think that my uterus will be a problem. Don't worry about it! :) That just adds to your worries which you don't need. You can get pregnant just like everyone else!

11 years ago

Thanks so much for that! It's a big relief to know it's not that big a deal. The flipping back and forth sounds interesting;) But I can deal with that if it leads to a beautiful bouncing baby!

11 years ago • Post starter

I had the same issue and we were trying with my daughter for 1 month before i turned up pregnant , my obgyn says it just makes it a little more difficult but it is still possible :))

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo