Community post

Question

BFP at home,but BFN at Dr.'s...was the BFP an evap line?Please help.

So I am on CD 38 on a normal 28 day cylce and I think about 18DPO. I had some spotting Sunday through today and I am 10 days late.I took a hpt on Sunday and it was BFN,even when I looked at it hours later.Today I took another test same brand and I went and looked at it about 5 minutes after the time limit and there were 2 pink lines.Went to the Dr.'s because of pains I was having in my stomach and their test was a BFN so he sent me for blood tests.My question is, arent evap. lines supposed to be gray or white?If so why is mine pink if it is an evap line?I used an answer brand test that came with my OPKHas anyone had experienced this with this brand?.Please let me know what you think.

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I've never used that brand, but I can say I've had an antibody strip show up and look pink when I def was NOT pregnant. IDK the sensitivity of Answer brand but the Dr's line test may not be sensitive enough to pick it up yet. If you are dying to know yes or no I'd suggest getting a digi test, but they aren't as sensitive as most line tests. Good Luck.

11 years ago

anything after the time limit (pink, blue, clear, or white) is considered negative. Wait to see what the blood work says. Good luck:-)

11 years ago

So I got the results from my bloodwork and it is positive but at an HCG level of 52. I have to get more bloodwork done on Monday to see if it increases, but the nurse told me if they detect HCG in my blood then I am pregnant!! So excited but nervous at the same time hoping that as I am typing it is doubling.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo