Community post

Question

17 dpo, 3 days late- TTC over a year- to test or not to test?

Hi all!! New on here! I am 24 years old, DH and I have been ttc for over a year with no success. Each month seems so disappointing when af shows up. I am very regular- every 25 days. This month, af was supposed to arrive on Sunday, well, here it is 3 days later on a Wednesday and shes still a no show. My breasts started getting very sore on Saturday, and still are extremely sore! I feel like I have boulders in my bra. I have some nausea spells every once in a while (but I also have acid reflux, which sometimes causes this.) I have also had alot more bowel movements lately.
The only thing concerning me is I have been cramping and feeling like af is about to show but I run to the bathroom thinking "oh great, here it is," and yay, no blood! I have been debating whether or not I should test, I dont want another BFN! Has any one else had similar symptoms and wind up with a BFP? SHOULD I TEST?! Im so nervous to, I dont want any more disappointment!!

8 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

At this stage it is late enough for you to test and get a pretty definite answer one way or the other. So go for it and goodluck!

12 years ago

yes test... you might be suprised... 3 days late is kinda hopeful in its self.. plus ur symptoms.. the fact that ur very regular is another sign.. i say def go for it.. please update us!!! good luck hun... i hope u get ur bfp...

12 years ago

Well, I have one at home waiting (at work right now lol) so when I go home, I will let you all know!!! Thanks ladies!

12 years ago • Post starter

Test away and good luck!!

12 years ago

fx you get your bfp soon. sounds promising the missed period is a dead sign ;)

12 years ago

Good luck! Fingers crossed xx

12 years ago

BFN :( and af just decided to rear her ugly head. ugh I must be really stressed out cause im never ever late. Oh well, ugh better luck next time. Guess its time for a glass of wine now :(

12 years ago • Post starter

awww.. im sorry hun... i know that sucks.... just try and think about mabey something new you can throw into your ttc regimine for next cycle.... i notice that each time i try somthing new.. even if its very insignificant, it gives me that little hope to think this time could be different!!!! mabey its just in my head, but ill take hope wherever i can get it!!!! baby dust!!!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo