Community post

Question

Brown spotting 13/14dpo

I am approx 13/14 dpo CD 28 and was due to start AF today. In the night I had to get up to pee 3 times (okay the last time was at 8:30am, but I don't usually get up till 9).

The last time I got up, at 8:30am, I noticed dark brown spotting when I wiped. I put on a liner and went to the gym just before lunch. After the gym I came home to shower and there was a tiny brown spot on the liner, but nothing when I wiped.

About 4pm, I went pee again and the liner was clean, but there was a small streak of brown on the tp.

I usually spot a salmon-pinky colour for a day before AF, never had brown before but occasionally after.

Has anyone had this before? Were you pregnant or AF starting?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I often get this before AF starts for me. I have a day or 2 of spotting before actual AF arrives - it starts out very light brown coloured CM, then slowly gets darker over the day or 2 until just before AF it's dark brown, then it start getting some red in it, and then AF comes.

User Image

11 years ago

Hmm.. you may be right. Still nothing more than dark brown spotting, but a CP check shows a bit of red with the brown. I guess AF is just coming a few days late this month.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo