Community post

Question

Conceiving after a chemical pregnancy

Last month I had a chemical pregnancy and now I'm trying to conceive this month. However, my cycle is very different now. I was very "textbook" up until my CP. I was very consistent, 28 day cycle and I would ovulate on day 14-15. Now it's day 17 and I'm just starting to show signs of ovulating, ex: ewcm. But still no positive OPK. Has anyone else had changes in their cycle and still get a BFP after a chemical pregnancy? So Frustrating!!!

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

This is very common after chemicals, miscarrage, and pregnancy. It might take awhile to get back to normal, and normal might be something different now. Just keep charting or using OPKs and keep track of everything until you get ovulation, and don't be surprised if your period is late, just because you are ovulating later than usual. Good luck, and hopefully everything works out soon for you!

User Image

12 years ago

hi i had a chemical in dec, i normally ov on cd 18 which i did the cycle after, but the 2nd cycle i still wasnt getting anything on opks by cd 18 so gave up with them and ovulated on cd 23 but missed the eggy :(, 3rd cycle decided to try temping and opks and went back to normal and ovd on cd 18 an got my bfp that cycle im now 8wks 2days preg, fair enough it wasnt straight after a chemical but they def can mess with ur cycle, gl and lots of babydust

12 years ago

I know how you feel my first was a chemical. Never had sore bbs or heartburn before i got pregnant. It took me and dh over a year to conceive again. Weve been trying almost three years now with two losses.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo