Community post

Question

Difference between Blue and pink dye?

Okay so i have taken 5 tests
3 blue dye
one pink dye
and one digital.

i was already told to wait closer to AF because those arent as sensitive. and it wasnt with my first morning urine

i took a first response this evening which wasnt smart but i couldnt wait because i have gotta the three postive blue dyes back to back but it came out negitive. bit it also wasnt my first morning urine

but ALLLL my blue dyes have a fait thick blue line

should i trust them or wait?
and which brand is the best to take?

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I don't know what it is about blue dye test. I think they are harder to read. I personally use first response. This is my 7th pregnancy and I have never had a problem reading them. I will buy digital to confirm it or get blood work done. Good luck to you!

12 years ago

A lot of people will tell you use Pink dye HPT because there results are more clear. I used First Response Early result HPT and honestly i feel any test is fine there results suck. they were always shadow colored +'s that is what made me give up! i gave up a whole week going into 5 weeks 1 day i used a Walgreen's HPT blue dye and bam got my +! It was clear thick Light blue in middle. difference with blue dye and pink is blue HPT's don't give clear +'s they are like LIGHT but trust me you'll know a evaporation to a true +.

12 years ago

Blue dye is notorious for giving false positives, and getting peoples hopes up only to dash them down. It also depends where you are in your cycle, you said it is early, but what DPO are you? Best results need you to be as close to your period as possible. I would suggest waiting until you are closer to your period, if you can't just wait and see if it comes, and test with a pink dye test. There are some cheap pink dye tests at walmart and target, if you are worried about cost. Good luck.

User Image

12 years ago

I use digital.

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo