Community post

Question

Need help interpreting temperatures!

Please help me understand my body temperature chart: My last menstrual cycle was 25th april so started to chart my temperature on 2nd May after period ended. My husband and I are trying to conceive but find it hard understanding my body temp chart:
May 2nd: 36 degrees c
May 3rd: 36.3 degrees c
May 4th: 36.2 degrees c
May 5th: 36 degrees c
May 6th: 36.2 degrees c
May 7th: 35.9 degrees c
May 8th: 35.9 degrees c
May 9th: 36.4 degrees c
May 10th: 35.8 degrees c
May 11th: 35.8 degrees c
May 12th: 35.8 degrees c
May 13th: 35.9 degrees c
May 14th: 36.4 degrees c
May 15th: 36.4 degrees c
May 16th: 36.6 degrees c

According to my ovulation calender I was due to ovulate on May 9th but used OPK sticks and never really got a +. Could anyone help me understand my chart by telling me if they think I ovulated and when and then how to tell if I may have conceived as my temperature has shot up?

I would really appreciate your help ladies. :(

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hi :)
It's not a direct answer to your question, but have you tried www.fertilityfriend.com? You can input your temps (you can on this site, too, but have to convert them to degF first), & not only does it make a nice graph for you, it also offers interpretation of the chart. They also give you a free "course" in charting for conception, which tells you everything you need to know and more. I'd highly recommend them if you're keen to chart but not totally sure on what to look for.
From a quick glance at your numbers myself, I can't see a clear ovulation anywhere... But there are lots of things that could affect this, like when & how you're taking your temp. Or I might just not be seeing it (I'm terrible if I don't have a graph to look at!).
Finally, whilst there are temp trends that might suggest pregnancy, like implantation dips or a triphasic pattern, they're not set in stone by any means, and it's possible to see any pattern on your chart & still be pregnant

11 years ago

It helps if we can actually see the chart. If you are charting on here can you make it public?? I think we could give you a clearer answer than just looking at numbers.

11 years ago

I've not charted it on here, but will have a go at doing it and see if that makes it an easier to understand. Will also try fertilityfriend. Thank you x

11 years ago • Post starter

I recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It will help you understand how to chart your cycle and interpert your charts. GL!!

11 years ago

Hey, thanks for the replies. I have been on fertility Friend and done my chart on there, it was really useful! Thank you. Here is a link to it x

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d0fe2

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo