Community post

Question

How to know if its a new cycle?

This is all very new to me- so please bear with me. Up until October 2011, I had been taking my BC uninterrupted for about 6 years- my doctor felt that since my menstrual cycle caused such havoc that I would be better off without it. Oct I stopped taking my pills- and since then I've only had 1 period. Went to doctor who thinks that I may not be ovulating and said to see if I had two normal cycles- here's my question- for the last several days I've been having brown blood- not a lot and not enough for me to think it was a period- but is it? And does this mean that I've started a new cycle or do I need to wait to see if I have bright red blood? I'm just trying to make sure I have all the correct information when I go back to the doctors in regards to whether or not I've had two cycles.

~The vulnerable should not wound~

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

hmmm are you trying to a baby?

12 years ago

@Maggie- eventually yes- but first I have to see if I can have two normal cycles- and I don't know if this counts has having a cycle

~The vulnerable should not wound~

12 years ago • Post starter

I would think it sounds like AF, but you should describe it to your doctor to make sure they agree. Good luck:-) If they agree it's AF, then that's a new cycle.

12 years ago

I had brown blood for. A Couple days. Not a lot for a period but I thought it was and I ended up pregnant!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo