Community post

Question

Could i be pregnant 2 weeks after miscarriage?

Hello, I had a miscarriage on 10/2/12 and i bled for 7 days.I had sex again on the 18/2 and 23/2 February and since the 21/2 have has a lot of pregnancy symptoms, back ache,tender boobs,vivid dreams,increase CM etc.I had a blood test on the 18/2 which said my hormones were then at 300 but have decrease but 150 as they were 450 the week before.I took a HPT today which obviously came up positive but the line was fainter than previously,the thing is IF i am or could get pregnant, how will i know now!!! I was not told to wait and was not given any advice what so ever after my MC.I have a scan tomorrow as a follow up. what should i do? Thank you. Obviously i am trying for a baby again i did the pregnancy test to show me if in a weeks time the line is stronger or not, they are the ebay cheapies (which are actually very good) I don't know when i ovulate as i am very irregular. Would an OPK help in my situation, if so how?
Thank you

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Just to add that i am aware that i maybe looking out more for my symptoms than i would normally and it is a mind over matter thing to a certain extent!

12 years ago • Post starter

I'm sorry for your miscarriage.. I too had one Feb 4th. The doctors told me that you can't get pregnant until your levels get back to less then 5.. otherwise your body still thinks it's pregnant and will not ovulate. So yes you can get pregnant 2 weeks after, but only if your levels have gone down.. and even then not all women ovulate until after the first period. Your levels most definitely could have been down to less then 5 by the time you BD the second time.. as mine were above 10 000 and took 12 days to go down to 22.. I'd ask for another blood test to see if you've gone down.. most doctors will do that regardless to make sure all tissue has been expelled. Good luck!!

12 years ago

It seems too soon to be able to get pregnant a second time. You would have to include time for your body to ovulate again, then implantation, then building up the hormones again to cause symptoms. Another possibility is that you might have been pregnant with multiples and miscarried only one. I've heard of this happening a lot, and people often aren't aware of it until their hormone levels don't go down, but eventually go back up. If you are going back to the doctor soon, I would bring up the possiblility to them, so they can do tests or whatever doctors do to confirm this. Good luck!

12 years ago

personally, i dont think its too ealy...i miscarried 5-3-08 and got preg for my daughter 5-23-08..so its very possible...i would just talk to the dr and see what they say

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo