Community post

Question

Can a doctor tell if you are pregnant during a pap smear?

I had a doctors apt yesterday and I told my doctor I was trying for a baby and I was about 8dpo and he never mentioned anything about a baby in there now? would he beable to see it yet if it was there? I believe they can after like 5 weeks but would it be possible yet? Please help!!!

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

i wouldnt think they could tell at 8 dpo if you are pregnant

12 years ago

No, they wouldn't be able to tell. If you are then the embryo had just implanted in your uterus and is extremely small, not visible to the naked eye.

User Image 6-14-12 TV u/s + for 1 follie 20mm 6-19-12 Sore nipples 6-29-12 Take uHcg test! Hoping for

12 years ago

actually they could be able to tell, when they do the actual physical exam they can feel your uterus and tell if it is larger than its supposed to be.

i work for an obgyn and we just had a girl find out this way, the dr felt that the uterus was slightly enlarged so he had a urine preg test done while she waited and BooM! positive test

User Image

12 years ago

At 8dpo it's possible that the egg hasn't even implanted so no your uterus wouldn't feel different. Just wait a couple more days to take a test. Baby Dust.

User Image

12 years ago

Only a physical exam can show a woman being pregnant at 8dpo. By pressing on the uterus, they can tell if it is enlarged. They'd have to do a blood test to prove it though because at 8dpo, you wouln't be able to tell yet with an u/s.

Married to the love of my life 11-05-11 Mommy to (DS) '06' and (angel baby) '11' Waiting to catch my 2012 rainbow User Image User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo