Community post

Question

Success with taking clomid when already ovulating on my own.

Hi, I am on my second round of clomid 50mg days 5-9. I was ovulating on my own before starting clomid, but I would start spotting about 4-5 days before AF arrived. Just wanted to check if there are any ladies out there that took clomid or are taking clomid when you were already ovulating ?

User Image

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I took clomid and I was already ovulating before I took it. I did 8 rounds and two of those rounds included an HCG trigger shot. Nothing worked. However, this was very aggressive approach done by my doctor because I had a miscarrige last January. I can tell you that with being my first month off the meds, I feel much better than I do when I was on them and I have a better confidence about getting pregnant one day. But everyone is different and reacts to the drug differently. I will say this, make sure you are temping while you are one clomid. It will help you detect ovulation and that can make a big difference in knowing when you should be actually taking your clomid.

12 years ago

Thanks jenball44, 8 rounds is pretty hectic, did the doctor increase your dosage or did it stay the same ? I have an appointment with a fertility doc next month in case this round does not work. Baby dust to you.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo