Community post

Question

Erratic Sleep and BBT charting

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with erratic sleep patterns and BBT charting???

I am an erratic sleeper...rarely sleeping for more than 2-3 hours at a time unless I take medication. It doesn't bother my daily life the off and on waking up in the night but I was wondering how it might affect my bbt??

I have just started charting this month and my temps are so erratic nothing can be deduced from them at all.

Any suggestions?

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

For BBT you really need to try and sleep 4 hours in a row. Before charting I was waking up a few times per night to go to the bathroom. Whenever I woke up, I would often be hot, so sometimes I would get up and go to the bathroom just to cool down. Once I started charting, I would force myself to stay in bed. If I woke up randomly, I would force myself not to check the clock, get up or move around, but instead fall back to sleep. And it really worked. I started waking up for shorter times periods and much less frequently.

I also picked a time to chart in the mornings about 30 minutes earlier than I used to get up and set my alarm for that new time. This way it was before my body was normally conditioned to wake, so I was able to be more consistent with my tempting time each morning. I slept with my BBT under my pillow so I could easily get to it without moving. On weekends I would take it and fall back to sleep as my BBT had a memory so I could record it later.

User Image

12 years ago

I am the Queen of erratic sleeping and BBT. I work 12 hr night shifts so I sleep during the day and try to keep a normal schedule on my days off. I have found to try to pick a time I am usually asleep for at least 3 hrs no matter what day it is. I choose 11am because even on my days off I go back to sleep after the kids get off to school and on the days I work I just wake up to temp and go back to sleep. If you wake frequently, try temping anytime after you ahve had 3+ hrs sleep....maybe 1 am or something like that. ALso keep a note pad by the bed to write down the temps or download an app on your phoen like fertility friend or woman log pro. They allow you to keep up with BBT so you can take the temp and just plug it in your phone and go back to sleep. Then later in the day you can transfer the temp to countdown to pregnancy site.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo