Community post

Question

Taking time off from TTC?

I have been ttc now for 3 months and am feeling I may need a month or so off from trying to just handle the stress and relax. Will this affect my progress in trying?

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

No hun- If anything If you find you are really stressed over ttc then taking a break may be what you need . some people manage to conceive in the break due to the the lack of stress/pressure . go into the new cycle month telling yourself your not trying- but if you happen to bd around the time of ovulation then great! If not just relax and take a break. It wont affect your chance of conceiving at all if you take a break. good luck x x x

12 years ago

Taking a break may slow down your chances of becoming pregnant, but only because you're not monitoring your fertility and so you may miss having sex during your fertile times.
But i've heard of quite a few women who said they were going to take a break and quit actively TRYING all the time, and that's when they somehow end up becoming pregnant. It all just depends on your timing and if you end up catching your fertile period. It's natural for your to possibly miss that period if you're not monitoring your fertility every month, and so it may take a little longer in falling pregnant.

User Image

12 years ago

No. I tried for 5 yrs with my ex-hubby then 2 more yrs with a new guy with no luck. Then i met my current husband and wasnt trying because i gave up and a month later i found out i was preg. If ur stressing about it a little break might just b what u need. Good luck.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo