Community post

Question

Very confusing test!

Ok, I am 13 dpo. I have taken 2 blue dye tests (the first one was pos at about 12 min and the second was within 5 min) and 3 pink dye tests (all neg they were new coice). I dont know what to think. I put the blue dye pics up on here and I am at a higher pos %. I have been craving pickles and mayo, really abnormally wet (TMI LOL) and very emotional and tired. Someone tell me what they think please!!!!

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Hi Kinzyesmom- I too can get a faint pos on a blue dye test, and just did yesterday...but 3 bfn on pink dye tests. From what i have been told blue dye is not as reliable because of a couple factors...the dye can run and stick to the antibody strip leaving a faint false positive, and also they are known for evap lines even w/in the time frame. BUT..... even with that said, i will and have continued to test in hopes that maybe the blue dye just picked it up a little sooner then a pink? Def test again in a couple days. I'd try to stay away from blue test if you can help it. Good luck to you!!!!!

12 years ago

Hey Hon,

It has been my experience that blue dye tests are not reliable and create false hope which totally sucks. I would take a First Response Early Result. If you get ANY sort of line on them, then it is positive. Good Luck Hon.

12 years ago

I have actually gotten evaps on FRER. I dont trust those either lol

12 years ago • Post starter

I would get a pink dye. I had a ton of different brands and types and First Response Six Days Sooner picked up my positive at 10 DPO. I got a positive on a blue dye at 9 DPO but I didn't trust it because I had heard so many bad things about blue dye. I'll never know if it picked up on the HCG or if it was just a false positive like they are known for.

12 years ago

I'll never buy a blue died test again. I had 3 positives on blue tests that were faint and none with pink tests. I didnt know then about blue tests being unreliable so I thought I was pregnant. I think it almost caused a hysterical pregnancy given that I had 3 tests telling me I was pregnant so I think my body followed my mind and started acting as if it were indeed pregnant. It wasnt until I started researching about how unreliable blue tests are and started getting all negatives with the pink tests that I started thinking of them as negative pregnancy results. All my symptoms went away pretty quickly after that.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo