Community post

Question

Soy Isoflavones?

Hi ladies! My name is Kristen and I am ttc #2. I have read quite a bit about soy isoflavones and have heard tons of success stories but also some bad things about it totally messing up your cycle which I don't want to happen as I have regular cycles already. I don't chart but I have no reason to believe I don't ovulate but I really don't know. My first one was not planned so I didn't think id end up trying for months with no bfp. Anyways I just wanted some advice or stories about soy isoflavones. I just want to boost my fertility not mess it up so Im hesitant. Has anybody with regular cycles used it and had good results? TIA!

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I too went through the same thing as u i wasn't trying and bam I was pregnant now that I'm trying it seems impossible... I think that being that your cycles r already regular u shouldn't mess with anything that can change that know your cycle legnth and pinpoint your ovulation and then go with using some over the counter things like use some preeseed and get some softcups by instead to boost your chances of pregnancy and if u c that none of this works then u look n2 fertility treatments Good luck hun ***baby dust*** hopefully we both get that BFP we've been wanting around or at the same time

12 years ago

Thanks for your response! I kept going back and forth about whether or not I should mess with it but in the end I did decide to take just 80 mg. but it is over the counter you can get it at walmart or drug stores in the vitamin area. I also am taking a mulitvitamin and plan to use preseed. Im crossing my fingers! Good luck to you!

12 years ago • Post starter

I am trying it for the 1st time this week when/if AF starts for me. I am pretty regular but had a m/c in April and now this will be month 6 and nothing. My cycles are down to 30days and I O'ed late this month...blah...I am due to start AF this sunday and have not had ANY symptoms except for bloating and full feeling...but that is it. Desicouraged. I have a DD that is 3 and was a great surprise and then the last preg we were NTNP and ended up pregnant, although it ended. So here goes nothing!! haha-- I am going to do Soy on CD 3-7 and will do 140mg day 1, 160 day 2, then 200mg the last 3 days. I have read on different sites that others have taken higher amounts and get their BFP right away, so I will try it. *scared/anxious...and Fingers crossed!!! Keep me updated!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo