Community post

Question

Having sex during ovulation, but still not pregnant

Having sex during ovulation, but still not pregnant after trying for 3 months? what' gone wrong? need advice? should i go to see my GP?

7 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

How old are you? Are you using anything to help confirm that your o'ing when you think? There is actually only a 20% chance that you will even concieve each cycle even you time everything perfectly. Most healthy couple could take up to a year to concieve if you are under 35. If you don't concieve within the year then it may be time to see the GP who could possiby refer you to someone else. If you are over 35, they say to give it 6 months. We have been trying for 2 months and timing everything (we think) perfectly. I just need to practice more patience, as I will need it when my miracle actually comes into our lives. I know how frustrating it is, as do a lot of ladies on this site, so you're not alone! Hope that helps!! *baby dust to you*

12 years ago

3 months? thats nothing! it takes on average 1 year for a "healthy" couple to conceive.

if you are not pregnant within 12 months then go visit your GP, IF you are over 35 go after 6months.

Good Luck and do not stress!

12 years ago

I suggest using Fertilaid. Google it. It has helped so many people conceive who have had trouble conceiving. It's worth a try!

12 years ago

Wondering about the 'sex during ovulation' thing. Depends on how you know you've O'd. If you're basing it on temp rise, your missing it and having sex too late, after you have ovulated. Your body temperature rises after ovulation...it is an indication that you have ovulated, but is not useful for determining when to have sex. Using a fertility monitor, we had sex on the day before I ovulated and are now pregnant. No kidding, after nearly a year of trying for #2 (well, longer as we m/c last Christmas), turns out our timing was off...I ovulate on day 21 of my cycle and we were totally missing it. I am 37, so didn't expect it to work that quickly.

12 years ago

I am using clearblue fertility monitor. there are always two peak day indicating that the egg is going to release. Meanwhile, i ve also used other OPK to test if the monitor is correct. The reason may be stress, we are both doing high pressure jobs and we are so eager for a baby, so maybe it doean;t work this way. Need to relax...

12 years ago • Post starter

We have been trying for 3 months now. And I can agree with the stress being an issue for my situation. We really want a baby and just hoping we can have one.

11 years ago

I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with her medicine, i collected her contact an explain my situation to her she prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe I by her. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2014. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2016, thank you mama , this is her email contact if you require her help nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo