Community post

Question

To adjust temp or not to adjust?

Woke up 1.5 late on day I should have ovulated. If I dont adjust bbt then it shows clear ovulation, but if I adjust then no o. What do you guys do?

Most sites want you to adjust....but some support what fertility friend says.

fertility friend writes:
We recommend against adjusting temperatures as in general the resulting temperature, though it may be more pleasing, is not more accurate. The reasoning behind our recommendation is based on the fact that the Basal Body Temperature variation with time is dependent on your own unique metabolism. While most women see a difference, some women do not see much dependence of the BBT with time and can live with a variation in time without masking their pattern. For many others even a 10-20 minute difference will have strong effects on their charts. Similarly, some women see an increase of their BBT with time while others may actually see a decrease

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I wouldn't change it. I would record what the temp was and just make a note at what time you took it. I know everybody is differen't, but my temp is always right around 97.3 before ovulation. There has been a time or two that I woke up late and taken it, and it was still 97.3 every time. I know taking mine a little later doesn't have much of an effect. I don't know how it would work though if I took it late around O because I never have.

12 years ago

Thanks crazy runner! I was thinking that but there's so many sites that want you to adjust. This is my first month at really temping everyday so I don't know my patterns yet, but I guess I will soon find out.

12 years ago • Post starter

I did a test this morning and temped 1hr earlier then at my regular time and it went from 97.99 to 98.23! I guess for me I really do have to add/subtract 0.1 every 30min!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo