Community post

Question

When does ovulation bleeding/spotting most often occur? Before, during or after ovulation?>

I had ovualtion "spotting" for the first time in my life this past cycle, and I don't know what it means! I thought I had already ovulated when the spotting began, so now I'm afraid if ovulation happened during or after the spotting that we missed our fertility window this month.

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

From what I read online, ovulation spotting happens right around ovulation. It varies but usually it's the day before or day of ovulation. Last cycle I believe I had ovulation spotting when I was supposedly 3DPO and I also now think that was the actual day of ovulation (as I wasn't temping last cycle) and I missed my window. Are you temping? I started temping this cycle as I hear it really helps pinpoint when ovulation occurred so all this confusion doesn't happen. OPK's can tell you when you might be getting ready to ovulate but temping will only tell you when you did ovulate! So I use both! Best of luck to you.

User Image

12 years ago

Pretty sure it takes several days for the ovulation spotting to make it out to the light of day. That is why the blood is brown. You had likely already o'ed before you found the blood.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo