Community post

Question

If I didn't know I was pregnant, I wouldn't think I was.

You know those shows on TV "I didn't know I was pregnant?" I always thought it odd someone could not know- but the way I am feeling, I am starting to understand. If I hadn't been actively TTC, and hadn't already gotten a BFP, I probably wouldn't realize I am pregnant because of my vague symptoms.

This is my first pregnancy. I don't have the classic morning sickness and while I don't want it, I do feel like, "gee is this normal?" I do have to pee a lot more, and I feel tired/sleepy sometimes, but not all the time. I've had heartburn. I've had a little swelling in my lady place... but all these things together, if I didn't know they were pregnancy symptoms... I really wouldn't know I was pregnant! And being someone who has gone 50 days between periods before, even that wouldn't have been a surprise.

Are there others out there who are pregnant but don't necessarily feel like it? And who- even though you don't want morning sickness- you almost feel let down that

<a href=

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

How Far along are you? Maybe that may play a big role....congrats though....hopefully I can find out next week:)

12 years ago

How far along are you? That could be why there's no really significant symptoms....you could give us some hope if we don't have many symptoms....congrats...hope I get my BFP next week:)

12 years ago

I'm only 6 weeks and 1 day... so that could be why. Then again, one woman I know had 5 children... she only felt morning sickness with one of them. So I guess some people don't get it. But also the prenatal vitamin I'm taking supposedly helps in that area... so I just don't know.

My first doctor's appointment isn't for another 2 weeks, so I think I am antsy. Plus I would really like to tell my family but feel like I should wait until I'm out of the MC danger zone.

<a href=

12 years ago • Post starter

COngrats on your BFP....With my DD I did not have any morning sickness at all...not even nausea. I would not have known I was pregnant if my girlfriend didn't convince me to test before a holiday work party...just to make sure. I came off BC 2 weeks prior.

I think that show is women who go to the ER for back pain, and end up delivering a baby. Not that are newly pregnant, and are symptomless. Nonetheless, be happy that you do not have morning sickness, and not many symptoms, cause trust me...in a few weeks you may feel differently.

Muck Luck to you and your budding family!

Katie

12 years ago

Congrats! Jellybean 82, I understand you reluctance to tell people about your bfp before you are out of the "danger zone", but I would let people know. I had a mc in Nov. and I didn't tell a lot of people for that same reason. Now looking back, I wish I would have told more people. Not only for the support after the loss, but now it makes me mad to be around people that don't know/recognize my baby. But that is just my opinion. You do what you feel is best and enjoy every minute! Congrats and much love!

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo