Community post

Discussion

Plus-size trying for another!

So I was normal size with my first, and then gained about 50lbs, now we are trying for another and Im worried about being over weight and prego.....I want good stories about being plus and prego!

7 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I'm also plus size and trying for my first. I've personally seen two plus size women get pregnant and carry to term with a healthy baby. So I know it's possible. I'd like to keep in touch with you because we're both on the same journey. Good luck!

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

11 years ago

I had a very healthy baby ,and I was not only very overweight but I had a healthy baby with type two Diabetes .I have always been Overweight and nothing i did would make me loose it.I was around 100 pounds over weight when I got pregnant .Plus sign I did not gain alot when pregnant only 9 pounds then lost over 70 after i had her.best of luck

11 years ago

Well I was 194 when I got prego with #1....gained about 35lbs, which my doc wasn't worried about...made me do the extended blood sugar test, which came back normal, and had normal blood pressure...my water did break at 36 weeks and 3 day...my son was born 7lbs 20 inches so he has healthy for being early...Now I'm 240..had some PPD gained a lot of weight after him, and we wanna start trying... I've been working out but not really loosing anything...they say obese women are only to gain 11-20lbs or less...idk...just want to conceive a healthy baby! And yes snowwhite we ca keep in touch!!

11 years ago • Post starter

I've had 2 healthy pregnancies so far. Trying for one more. No issues with either.

11 years ago

I am not a petite flower. I have always been over weight. I have always fought to stay around 200 lbs and I'm 5 ft 8. After my first child I was 250 pounds. The others I have only ever gained as much as 25 pounds and taken that off. I have 5 very healthy happy children. No complications, and until now we have never had problems concieving. I found that getting active and taking off just a few pounds the hard way was the best way for us to get pregnant. But we are both over weight and we both work hard to keep in in control. So it's not just possible, but my second child I was not ttc, on 3 forms of BC. (You have no idea how strange that is to say now.) And still got preggo.

11 years ago

im overweight, i got pregnant 5 years ago, had a happy and healthy average (7lb14oz) weight baby girl. i also found that while i was pregnant, because my body was working over time for the baby i actually managed to lose weight without actually trying and i gave up smoking. never had any issues with convieving her as far as i kow because she was a total shock and surprise! im now trying for number 2.xx

11 years ago

Hey ladies, I am over weight too. I am 200 lb now and I have a 3 year old. My first pregnancy was not hard at all even though I am a diabetic since 16 years old. Now I'm struggling with high blood pressure too ugh! now I'm finding it hard to get pregnant again but still have hope.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo