Community post

Question

Pap smear while Pregnant?

Ok, I got my BFP over the Easter weekend- my very first baby! I called my OBGYN's office and they scheduled an appt for my 8th week, late May. They said they would be doing a pap smear at this appointment. Is that normal? Necessary? I am afraid of them poking around in there and making me miscarry. I am due for a pap in early June but have never had an abnormal pap. I guess I was just under the assumption that paps weren't done during pregnancy but I admit that I am naive in this area. What are your experiences? Thanks for your help!

<a href=

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Paps are normal during pregnancy. they give you one so that they can make sure that isnt anything wrong down under. pregnancy hormones can put things out of whack. Also they want to make sure there isnt any unknown STDs or infections that may harm your pregnancy or the baby at birth. This wont make you miscarry as they dont go high enough to even come close to touching where your baby is.

TTC #2 for 17 months DD: 5 DH:25 Me:25 User Image User Image

12 years ago

Yes, this is very normal. I am 7 weeks and had my first appointmet this morning. They did not do a pap since I just had one in March. With my other 2 kids, I had them done at my first appointment. The will not do anything to harm the baby. Congrats!

User Image

12 years ago

I've read in the past that they can sometimes be risky during pregnancy, and can give erroneous results at this time. Personally, I would refuse it, but that's just me.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo