Community post

Question

When did I ovulate?

I am somewhat confused on my exact ovulation date! According to the My Days app on my phone, my fertile period was Jan 7-12, according to BabyCenter.com my fertile period is Jan 13-18. I also checked it on this site and I got a fertile period of Jan 12-16. I am leaning towards trusting this site or babycenter,com more because I feel that since I got such close results on these two sites, the developer of the app I have could be wrong. I have a 37 day cycle and my LMP was December 24-28.

I am mainly confused though because on last Tuesday (11th) I experienced cramping similar to period like cramps in my lower region on the right side. They lasted about 1/2 hour. I also felt them again this past Sunday (16th) but they were not as intense.

Anyone have an idea what might be going on. I am trying to just patiently wait on my next expected AF to show up but I am at wits end. TIA.

3 Answers • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Never trust calendars to tell you when you ovulate because everybody's so different. An Ovulation Predictor Kit (OPK) is the best way to tell, and you can buy it in a drugstore. That's what I've been using this month and I'm hoping for a positive pregnancy test in a few days! You can also get a sense of exactly when you ovulate by taking your BBT (Basal Body Temperature) each morning before you get out of bed, using a BBT thermometer--also available at the drugstore. A third way to tell is by monitoring your cervical mucus. When it gets a stretchy, egg-white consistency, that's a signal that you're about to ovulate. Hope this helps!

13 years ago

Thanks. If I don't see a bfp around the 31st I will get some opk's and start checking cervical mucus. I know bbt helps but you really only see an increase like they day after you ovulate so it is kinda useless to me unless you chart the temp changes for a few cycles. I hope not to get too obsessed w/ ttc.

13 years ago • Post starter

If you have the typical 14 day lp, you ovulated onthe 16th. You should try bbt charting and checking your cervix so you can be sure though.

~Lisa~

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo