Community post

Question

Is a very long luteal phase bad?

I've been tracking my ovulation for the passed three months (since I've been married). I monitor the mucous and I use OPKs. My cycles are ALWAYS 30 or 31 days with no more variation than that. According to my mucous and by my OPKs I test positive for my LH surge on day 12 of my very long cycle, which means my ovulation date is between cycle day 12 and 14 (typically going by the 12-36 hour rule of the surge). So if I ovulate on day 14, that makes my luteal phase 16 to 17 days. If I ovulate on 13 that makes my phase 17 to 18. So my luteal phase either between 16 days and 18 (because I can't be exactly sure of the exact moment of ovulation). I'm guessing it's probably about 17. Is having a luteal phase this long a really bad thing, and will it cause implantation to happen later than normal? To add any further detail, no, I do not have any hormone problems, I'm slightly chubby but not enough for doctors to care too much (162 at 5'5 3/4) and I have no STDs or other infections.

2 Answers • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I never heard of problems related to long lutheal phase but with short one,

I think youre fine, because the egg will have plenty of time to implant before your period arrives which is the problem with short lutheal phases if Im not wrong...

Good luck!

User Image

13 years ago

I kind of figured as much, but you know, sometimes it feels better when you voice a 'fear' aloud. I didn't know if your luteal phase being longer meant it might make the egg take longer to implant, though I know the typical phase is '14' and implantation is '6-12' days or so they say. Thank you very much for your response, and hearing someone else say it makes me feel a bit better. :P Hope your TTC is going well!

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo