Community post

Question

Can you have period like cramps and light spotting and still be pregnant!?

Today my period was due. I woke up in am took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I had some spotting a couple hours later so I figured it wasn't my month. I put a tampon in because my cramps started to kick in bad so I just knew the flow was close by! For several hours I had my typical bad 1st day of period cramps and the Tylenol I took barely did anything. I was so busy today that I didn't take my tampon out until dinner time. When i did I was surprised to find out that it only head a speck of brown on it and was still mostly clean. The rest of the night I didn't have to wear anything and my cramps had subsided. Can you have period like cramps (15 DPO BY THE WAY) and spot a little and still be pregnant?
And was it maybe too early for an hpt? my doctor last month almost laughed when I called for a blood test because I was 5 days late and couldn't get a positive hpt. She said, "well hun thats a little early still." Turned out to just be a late, but surprised me by what sh

2 Answers • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I didnt have any spotting with last 2 pregnancies but with this one, a brown spot appeared after I had wiped and that was all. That was 7DPO. I also had PMS like cramps, which I understand is just the uterus changing size. If you check on the net and some of the success stories on this site, you will see some woman dont get a positive until a few days after a missed period. Every pregnancy is difference, just depends on when implantation occured and how often HPT doubles up, usually every 2-3 days. Your doc sounds a bit unhelpful, its not strange to ask for a blood test, particularly if you've missed a period and have pregnancy symtpoms. Hope its the real deal for you this time and you get a more understanding doctor : ) x

13 years ago

Early pregnancy can feel like AF- I felt like AF was coming for the first 6 weeks during my pregnancy! So I think you may want to wait a day and try another test- good luck!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo