Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Hoping for lots of 2013 Babies!

View Full Post

Hi ladies!

Well, it's that time again! Lets kick things off the same as usual, with an update...

My name is Joy
I am 28, and dh is 29
we've been together almost 10yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but hope to soon be a stay at home mom

I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 cycles after the m/c, (10 months)
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby

I got a BFP on June 30th 2011
Had a missed m/c on Aug 18th 2011
Since then I have been rushed to the hospital 3 times for excessive bleeding (once via ambulance cause I passed out)
I have had 2 emergency D&C's, 2 Folley Ballooons, 3 blood transfusions of 2 bags each, & a Hysteroscopey. (Not to be confused with a "HysterECTAMY")

I Finally got back to TTC in Jan/Feb 2012 and on March 21st I got my BFP!
I am currently about 7 weeks pregnant!
My first ob/gyn apt was Wed April 4th 2012
He put me on progestrone and asked to see me in 2 weeks
My next apt is Thursday April 19th 2012
My due date is Dec 1st 2012!

This is truly an amazing group of ladies & I really hope our string of luck (& bfps) continues!! ladies!

xx
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

292 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 292 Replies | Last Page

My DH sometimes complains that i only want him as a sperm bank but i just remind him he wants a baby too and this is how it has to happen.

and they also has to realise that knowing your O date aside, hormones that are released at that time will make you naturally hornier than at other times so stop complaining and just go with the flow! he will soon be complaining that you dont do it enough when you are 8.5 months preg, as huge as a house and about as horny as a 3 day old wet fish and later as a sleep deprived mummy of a tiny baby permenantly latched to your boob!

they are never happy! so I just make sure that as he is making the effort when i want him, i make the effort when he wants me! give and take.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

12 years ago

Joy - yep, more waiting and that's just to discuss my blood test results. Then I have to wait some more if I do go on pills, then I have to wait some more for the operation, then I have to wait some more to get better..So I probably won't be pg anytime soon! I hate all this waiting but at least there's a plan in place. And actually, getting pg in the fall would be better timing with school too. But if I do get pg earlier, of course I'll be THRILLED! Sorry you're so sick!

Elle - Yep, you and I are pretty much in the same boat! I hope we both come out triumphant sooner rather than later! Good luck to you too!

Good luck everyone!
Cris

User Image and and to all!

12 years ago

Hey Everyone!! Sorry I've been quite MIA. But I have been reading and keeping up with everyone! Life has been crazy busy for me these past few weeks and will continue to be for at least the next two weeks!

My DH gets moody because we BD more when I am ovulating. But is it so wrong that I like to go to bed simply to sleep most of the time? LOL I think he thinks making a baby is just doing the dance. But for a women obsessed with TTC it's exhausting when you consider how MUCH we think about it all! The temps, the opks, the twinges and pulls, the over analyzation of your "symptoms" and so on!

Joy, I am excited to read about your appointment! I hope it all went well!

As for everyone else, sorry I can't respond to you all individually right now! There's so much since I posted that I would be here forever! But I am sending you all lots of and !!!

AFM, I have to go for my fourth round of blood work and follicular ultrasound. The first one found that the clomid did not nothing and there were zero follicles starting to form. So I went for another two days later, still nothing. Took 100 mg's of clomid again on cd 13 - 17. Went for another ultrasound wednesday and there is three little follicles just over 10mm. So I go again tomorrow to confirm that they grew into healthy follicles and then hopefully will trigger and do the IUI this weekend! I really hope all three continued to grow. I feel the more target's the better!! Well, did any of you read about the lady who gave birth to sextuplets in Texas? They tried for 15 months. In her husbands words they did "two weeks of shots and a couple turkey basters" and it worked. As I read this story I was in shock. What her husband so graciously described is EXACTLY what DH and I will be doing if this cycle doesn't make me pregnant! The past few days we have been discussing how we would manage 6 babies. It's not like TLC is giving television shows out anymore for that kind of family! Plus being on TV made Jon & Kate's relationship soooo amazing! LOL But we both decided that we would not partake in reduction if we were in that position. I mean after all we've been through, how could we make the decision to keep some and not all? When we agreed to do these medications, we knew the possibility of multiples was increased. But that raises a whole new set of arguments and such! I need to get my butt to bed though!

Everyone!!!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

12 years ago

hey ladies

bumble, good to hear something is growing! three is good as it only needs 1!

big to everyone else!

no idea if i have o'd already, cos I started using the OPKs a few days ago and they were dark but not dark enough so assumed it was coming, but now they are so light??!! so, as i did take soy isoflavanones this cycle, i wonder if I o'd early and just missed the surge with the OPKs. havent been taking my temp either so dont have that as a guide either but am going to take it tomorrow because it can give me a rough idea seeing as i know my average temp pre o and post o, so while i might not know the exact date i hoe to know if its happened or not. andif it hasnt then that is it as DH is away! if it happened early then maybe as he was home!!

and I am trying really hard not to symptom track unless it is out of the ordinary and yesterday and today i have had really sweet smelling CM, almost like honey! and my google says that is a sign of glucose being in my CM which is a good fertile sign as the glucose helps feed the sperm while it waits for the egg! so that was interesteing and hopefully a good sign!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

12 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Katie - Hope your honey smelling cm was a good fertility sign!!!

bumble - Yay! Glad to hear something is growing - hope it keeps up and you get your iui this weekend!!! Keep us posted!

Cris - That really is all that ttc/pregnancy is... lots of waiting! lol! Like you said, it's good you have a plan though! Hopefully it doesnt take too long before you get some answers and your much deserved bfp!!

Lindsay - Never had a big issue with bding.... dh took it whenever he could get it lol... but I also made sure to bd lots as soon as af ended right up to when my af cramps came a week or 2 af... they dont realize that it is a chemical thing for us to be frisky around bd... thats mother nature trying to make it easier for ppl not trying to get pregnant I guess!

Jess - Yay for being in the 2ww!! Hope this is the last one for quite a while!!

AFM - Had my apt today... doc tried to find the heartbeat for quite a while with no luck, he said it was really common at 10 weeks to not be able to find it on doppler... as he was saying that he stopped and said "oh wait, here it is!" Best sound I have ever heard in my entire life!! My little one has a heartbeat at almost 10 weeks!!! Needless to say I have been on cloud 9 all day!!!

xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Yay Joy! I've had a super busy day but I keep checkin in to see if you'd posted! Just in time cause I'm off to bed! Yee Ha for a heartbeat! Soooo happy for you!!!!

I'll post more later.

-Nicole

User Image

12 years ago

Joy that's amazing! Was DH with you? I am so glad things are going well for you!
Krunchie, I HATE OPK's! I almost never get a positive and because I have pcos my body can gear up to O and then decide not to. So I get more almost positives than I actually get positives. But this cycle has shown me that I might not ovulate like I should. Even with meds that are supposed to make me ovulate! But hopefully you and DH were able to catch your window and your bfp is only two weeks away!

I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room to get my blood drawn. It's crazy early but Wednesday they didn't get them in time so i bet they do today!

Have a good day ladies!!!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

12 years ago

Dont have much time to post lately but still reading daily,

Just gotta say congrats joy on hearing the heartbeat!!! Im sooo excited for you!!! do you get to go for an ultrasound anytime soon??

TTC #2 for 17 months DD: 5 DH:25 Me:25 User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Jenn - Thanks hun!! Not sure when my doc will send me for an u/s, but dh is taking me on my birthday to a non-diagnostic private place so we can see out little one, and see/hear the heartbeat again! They give you a dvd recording of the entire thing and some photos... so excited!! Only 10 more days to go!

Bumble - Thanks sweetie! Yep dh was with me! Good luck getting your blood drawn!

Nicole - Thanks hun, you're so sweet!!

AFM - As I mentioned to Jenn, dh is taking me on my birthday for a non-diagnostic u/s!! We will get to see and hear the heartbeat and see out little one! I'll only be 11.5 weeks so no gender determination yet, but since we're going early we will get a discount when we go back for a 2nd visit! We will get photos and a dvd recording of the entire u/s, so I am super excited! Cant think of a better birthday present than seeing my little monkey!! Only 10 more days to go!!

xx Joy

12 years ago • Post starter

Joy - I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat. That is so reassuring. I always wanted to get a 3D u/s. They might be able to give you an idea of what the gender is. It depends on position and clarity of the u/s. I'd ask them to make a prediction when you get there.

Krunchie - I sure hope you O'd early and were able to catch the egg. What cycle day are you now? Do you have regular cycles?

Bumble - 3 follicles is very promising. I hope your next appt goes well and you can get your shot. FX'd

AFM - 2dpo, as well all know, nothing to report. DH and I are looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home. We've been doing a lot of weekend trips back to see family and having a weekend with nothing sounds wonderful. Plus, it helps to live in beautiful San Diego. I'm hoping to go surfing and do some gardening, but that's about it.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo