Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Hoping for lots of 2013 Babies!

View Full Post

Hi ladies!

Well, it's that time again! Lets kick things off the same as usual, with an update...

My name is Joy
I am 28, and dh is 29
we've been together almost 10yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but hope to soon be a stay at home mom

I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 cycles after the m/c, (10 months)
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby

I got a BFP on June 30th 2011
Had a missed m/c on Aug 18th 2011
Since then I have been rushed to the hospital 3 times for excessive bleeding (once via ambulance cause I passed out)
I have had 2 emergency D&C's, 2 Folley Ballooons, 3 blood transfusions of 2 bags each, & a Hysteroscopey. (Not to be confused with a "HysterECTAMY")

I Finally got back to TTC in Jan/Feb 2012 and on March 21st I got my BFP!
I am currently about 7 weeks pregnant!
My first ob/gyn apt was Wed April 4th 2012
He put me on progestrone and asked to see me in 2 weeks
My next apt is Thursday April 19th 2012
My due date is Dec 1st 2012!

This is truly an amazing group of ladies & I really hope our string of luck (& bfps) continues!! ladies!

xx
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

292 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 292 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!!

This will be quick cause I should be heading out the door right now.

bumble - Ugh, sorry to hear the lady in town was so useless! That is beyond pathetic that you had to explain to her what she was looking for... what a joke.

Kat - I replied on cmp!

bahoward - Sounds like a very strange af...

Gummy - I started ttc right away after my 1st early m/c... they say to wait one cycle so that you can pinpoint how far along you are. (cause you would know when your last af was - m/c bleeding usually doesnt count as af) But since you werent very far past when af should have come you should be fine. It is possible however that you wont O until after you get your next af. Hard to say, everyone is different, but there really is no harm in trying right away.

Elle - Hope you enjoyed the chocolate! I think I would have been indulging in a little booze too if I were in your place! Glad you dont seem to be too down about it and that you are ready to keep trying! Positive attitude Hope you get your bfp soon!!

AFM - Dh is home sick today... and I have a busy day planned! Trying to stay far away from him so I dont catch what he's got!! Fat chance....

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Just heard from my SIL, She has had a on the same brand test I used.
She's rettesting tomorrow with FRER
I'm feeling quite bummed out about it though, she had a baby 18 months ago and just went back to work from maternity ath Christmas
I wanted a if she is pregnant her baby will be due in Deecmber, her first was due the day of my MC baby

I know it's not her fault and I shouldn't be bitter but after 3 years and 3 months I'm getting a bt fed up.

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

12 years ago

Thanks Bumble and Expecting!

Elle, I know exactly how you feel. It seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant and I've been trying for over a year and a half. People who've had children since we started trying are now thinking about trying to have more. I know how heartbreaking it would be if they have two kids before I even have one.

AFM- So last night I was talking to my DH and he suggested waiting 2-3 cycles before we ttc again. His reasoning is to be stress free for a few months and go surfing and just have fun. I didn't respond when he said it. I think I was in shock because I thought we were on the same page, but I guess not. Well, I haven't said much to him since and I really feel alone in my situation. Besides you lovely ladies, I don't even know anyone who's had miscarriages, let alone genetic defects in the past. Sorry to rant. I just really don't know what to do or think at this point.

12 years ago

Hey ladies. I don't have time to reply to everyone but I'm very sorry Lisa. I was sure I saw a line. Hugs.

Afm- I've been admitted to the hospital with what we think are either seizures or menningitis. To not think about the bad I've been thinning about my symptoms. I've had creamy cm. so much in fact my panties are soaked and had little clumps of cm in them. I've never had this much cm! I'm excited!

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Yikes, not a good day for the byob ladies today

Jil - Sorry to hear you're in the hospital again, hope they find out whats wrong! with the loads of cm, its a good sign!

Gummy - Oh sweetie I am so sorry. I think you need to have a sit down with your dh and explain to him that taking a break would probably stress you out more, not less. And that your chances of conceiving right after a m/c are higher than normal, and at least if you got pregnant again maybe some good will have come out of this horrible event. I am so sorry you're having to deal with all this sweetie! We're here for you!

Elle - Oh hun, I am so sorry your SIL is pregnant. I really hope you will get your bfp this cycle with a sticky bean and be able to share in being pregnant together rather than having to be jelous/bitter. (And I TOTALLY understand you being jealous... I am sure you're still happy for her, but its only natural to be hurt by it when it is something you have wanted so long and so badly)

AFM - Nothing to report... just making some dinner. Dh is feeling quite a bit better so I guess he will be back to work tomorrow And hopefully we'll both get some sleep tonight!

xx Joy

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey everyone!

Jill, I hope you get to the bottom of things medically! Maybe all the rest you are getting in the hospital will give your bean time to stick!

Gummy, I feel that talk might be coming from DH soon too. I will detail below but my results from my ultrasound were what I though and I think he is getting frustrated with it all.

Ellie, I totally hear you on the jealousy thing. I have it bad too. My sister is pregnant right now (due june 2nd) and doesn't even know who the father is. She knew how hard we were trying and what we were going through yet didn't use precautions herself and now I have to be the happy supportive sister! My two SIL's and I had a chat in October 2010 about how we dh and I were already trying and they both were going to be trying soon (one got married in May, one in October) Guess who's still trying and guess who conceived, gave birth and are now parents of beautiful babies?? Life just isn't fair!

AFM, The fertility clinic called and confirmed what I assumed was coming. The clomid did nothing and I only have the pcos follicles on my ovaries. How does clomid NOT work? It worked last cycle? Did adding estrogen negate taking the clomid? Ugh! So now I have to go for another ultrasound and blood work on friday. If there isn't a follicle formed then, I have to take another round of clomid. I've never herd of someone taking clomid twice in one cycle. With that being said, I am very glad that I made the decision to switch to stronger drugs next cycle. Today's setback has shattered my confidence in this cycle. Guess I'll be googeling "how to use gonal pen & Leuprolide"! All I know is it's two shots a day for ten days. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!!

This weekend is my sisters first baby shower. Happy supportive me is heading out there friday and hoping I make it through the weekend without a breakdown. For those of you who don't know (or didn't read my response to ellie) - my sister is pregnant, due june 2nd and doesn't know who the father is. She wasn't trying to get pregnant and is really in no position to be having a child. It is incredibly hard for me to be supportive but she is carrying my nephew who I will love no matter how he came into this world. I have stopped holding back information about DH and I TTC because I think she should know how hard we are trying. Maybe it will make her appreciate that little boy just a little more? So this weekend I get to watch her get showered with all the love and attention I have been hoping to get for two and a half years. I don't think my family knows how much it hurts me. And I don't want to keep bring it up as I am afraid I will be seen as the rotten little sister who can't be happy for her sister! I just hope my 9 months to shine aren't too far off!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

12 years ago

hey everyone

bubmle - sorry that something as special as your niece/nephew's baby shower is causing you pain. I know how you feel in the way that we started TTC at the same time as my brother and my sister in law and i were good support for each other as she has two miscarriages and i had an ectopic. but they now have their 1 month old son and while i honestly couldnt be happier for them, it does make me wonder when its going to be my turn.

gummy - have you thought about "taking a break" with your other half on things like temping or OPS if you do those and just trying to tune into your own natural fertility signals and just jumping on him at the right moment? Maybe try doing something a bit different to throw him off the scent?! My DH was home unexpectedly when I was Oing and while I didnt tell him, i just woke him up in a way that was very pleasing to him, and he never suspected why!! I'm on a forced break at the mo as DH is away at the right time and I do feel its been good not to be stressing at the slightest possible symptom.

Snow - hope you are ok? Did you tell them at the hosptial you might be preg? Did they do any tests?

Joy - fingers are still crossed for your first appointment!

AFM - BADD mood today! Just trying to focus on my appointment day. Thankfully I'm not going in blind as they already know that I have endo, only 1 tube, normal hormones and super sperm, so chatting yes to get some history but they have a lot of that already from the doctor who referred me and the surgeon. I also have a file of my BBTs and OPKs in case they are helpful! even if they aren't its been soothing for me to put them together. I am hoping for more blood work and ultrasounds to see if they can see anything from that as they are quite simple, then maybe a date for a laparoscopy as that is what my doc thinks will happen to check if there is any further endo left that needs clearing. I just hope that it doesnt take long to get the next appointments etc. I feel ive waited long enough! but i know there are always people who have waited longer so am trying to be patient. which isnt easy!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

12 years ago

Snow - Oh honey, I hope the doctors are taking good care of you. I'm glad you can try to look on the bright side and keep checking symptoms. It sounds promising.

Expecting, Bumble, and Krunchie - Thanks for the advice. I did have a talk with my DH last night. It was good to get all of our feelings out into the open. The day after I went to the ER for the miscarriage my DH ended up at the doctor's office because he couldn't move his neck without excruciating (sp) pain. I ended up taking care of him all week/end, in the midst of the miscarriage and I don't think either of us had time to grieve or discuss how to proceed.

Bumble - I know how you feel about the baby showers. My cousin got pregnant about a month before our 2nd pregnancy, but we ended up lossing the baby. When her shower came along I didn't end up going because I should've been having a baby shower around that time and I just couldn't stomach it. I know you will love your nephew, but your family needs to realize how hard this is for you too. Hugs.

Krunchie - Ugh! I hope they can tell you something at your appointment. I hate the waiting game. Maybe this second round of Clomid will work and you will have your lovely BFP to show for it! FX for you!

AFM - I'm feeling much better about everything. DH and I decided to NTNP this month (but still use opks and BD when we feel like it). If it doesn't workout this month we will work harder the next. We both felt like we were waisting time waiting until the doctors said we could try again. I've given up having faith in doctors knowing what is best for us. I do more research than they do on our issue and I think I know what is best for my body and life.

Hugs to everyone!

-Jessica

12 years ago

Well CD3 and I'm bored. 17ish days til I expect to OV, sooo far away lol!
I'm in a better mood because my migraine after 30+ hours has finally cleared off HUZZAH!
My SIL is definatly pregnant, she did a clearblue digital and got 'Pregnant 3+' so I expect she'll be having a December baby, 1 month after her 1st childs 2nd birthday.
My other SIL has Sons 12 months apart, it's their joint 1st and 2nd birthdays next weeknd. Seems my in-laws are all more fertile than me
Oh and my younger Sisters baby is 12 weeks old now and getting his first teeth

Not much else going on with me really, I'm kind of looking forward to my Drs appointment now. I hope we get some ideas of what'g going wrong and maybe some help.

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

12 years ago

Good Morning Ladies!

showed up right on time this morning so hello CD 1. I guess the ectopic really screwed up my cycles because I am having PMS symptoms I never had in my life. At least I'm still regular though, I do have that to be thankful for.

This month I ordered a bunch of OPKs so that I can get a better idea of exactly when I ovulate. Hoping it will help.

to all in the tww

Lindsay

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo