Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 288 Replies | Last Page

@Swimmom : My research suggests that ovulation usually occurs within 24 hours of a pos opk, but it can occur as late as 48 hours. So 12-48 hours afterward sounds about right. The additional hormone surge can cause pos opks for several days even after you've ovulated. There is no need to continue testing after you get a pos opk. After the first you know you'll ovulate soon, so there's no point in retesting.

Temp spikes of course differ for each woman, so you may not get a huge spike. The rise to 97.3 may suggest you have already ovulated. The trick is to see if your temps stay in the 97+ range. If so, you can be pretty certain you have ovulated just before your temp went up to 97.3. If your temp goes back down into the 96 range tomorrow, you probably didn't ovulate yet.

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

Hello Ladies- Sorry been a way for little bit. Just been in a kinda down state. I am 12dpo but not feeling hopeful at all. I have been cramping on and off again for the last 3 days :(. I think I will be making a apptiment with my doctor to see what he wants to do with round 3 of clomid. I am trying really hard to not test. I tested on 10 dpo and BFN. I don't think this journey will ever end in having another child.
Glad to see that you ladies are getting your + opk now get to baby dancing. Make some babies this month.

User Image

12 years ago

@tricia 11: I'm sorry you've been down this month. I'll keep my fingers crossed that AF doesn't come this month! Hold out as long as you can with testing. Maybe you'll be surprised when you do and get that BFP!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

Thanks Sweeti7628. It is nice to have people that understand. My plan was to test on friday but as of right now I don't feel like testing at all. Just kind of wait and see Af should be here by monday if she comes.

User Image

12 years ago

Expecting my period tomorrow tested this morning and bfn. Had an emotional night last night my due date was June 20th and I was organizing my sons toys and clothes and I felt like I should be preparing for the baby I know its silly but I went to the doctors for my 16 week checkup not thinking anything was wrong and finding out the baby died at 13 weeks. I'm just so sad and I feel selfish because a lot of people are trying for their first and I'm so blessed for my son but I want another baby I want him to have a sibling! This process is so difficult and I just don't know how long I can go through it. Miscarriage has completely changed me I'm not the same person and my husband trys so hard to make me happy I just want to be happy again! Well gonna wipe the tears and head out! Hope everyone else has a good day and GL for others this month!

Victoria (24) DH (28) married 12-30-09 DS 2-12-10 FurBaby 11-19-11, 6/8/2012 MMC 1/5/12 at 13 weeks D&C 1/6/12

12 years ago

@ Fords.girl: It's not silly and you have every right to be upset. A loss at 16/13 weeks is a horrible thing to endure. I absolutely hate it for you! The challenge to add a sibling to the family can be just as difficult and stressful as trying for a first baby and there's no need to feel like you are selfish. I hurt every day thinking that I may not be able to give my son a sibling. I never imagined adding to the family would be such an uphill battle emotionally and physically. Whether someone is trying to conceive their first, second or even a third baby, it can be an agonizing journey and all we can do is cheer each other on and hope we all get the end result we want... a beautiful healthy baby. I really hope you get that BFP soon.

12 years ago

Thank you Sweeti7628!

Victoria (24) DH (28) married 12-30-09 DS 2-12-10 FurBaby 11-19-11, 6/8/2012 MMC 1/5/12 at 13 weeks D&C 1/6/12

12 years ago

Thanks sweeti- for the ovulation information! I have been structed to use progesterone cream also, so I need to be quite sure when I O so that I don't start progesterone too soon.

So sorry fords.girl- you have been through alot...and it's easy to say, but stay positive. I lost a multiples pregnancy and it changed me too. I wasn't as far along as you, but it was hard none the less...I had named then already :) Praying for you and don't give up hope!

How many of us are O right now and testing on April 30th? I am actually going to be out of town for 8 days! so I may have to put my pee sticks on hold until I get home! Or sneak a few in my makeup bag.....no one on this trip knows I am ttc.

anyway, thinking of you all and just knowing we will start seeing some on here soon!

User Image

12 years ago

@ Swimmom: I think I Oed today, which would put me at 12 DPO on April 30th, so I'll be getting ready to test that day or I might try and hold out until 14 DPO. I imagine it's going to be hard not to talk about TTC on your trip, but I hope you have a great time.

12 years ago

@Sweeti7628, thank you for your input. Your answers have cleared up my questions about the degree variance with ovulation. I hope you find quick success as well, and that we both have happy and healthy little babies here soon

@felurian, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. I hope you (and everyone on here) can find success as well

To every women who like me, is ready to see a

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo