Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 288 Replies | Last Page

@candylee05- my first round of Clomid was in February and I got my BFP with round 1! :) i'm currently 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant with my lo.

AFM- I'm still looking on here and waiting to see more BFPs. A lot of you ladies were a big help to me when I was stressing out and now that i'm almost out of the first trimester it makes me want to thank all of you for being there for me while I was stressed out. My next ultrasound is on Wednesday, DH and I are so excited :) we realized the other day that in 6 months we're gonna be parents and it made us freak out for a couple minutes, LOL! Thank god, my morning sickness seems to be gone and my energy seems to have come back!

12 years ago

Hey ladies! Sorry i went missing for a little while but u ladies stay on my mind. Hope everyone is doing great and im sorry that af got some of u. Im still rooting for u guys and hopefully we see some bfp's very soon. Good luck and lots of baby dust.

Afm, even tho im off of clomid i still been tracking my o with temping. If my cycle is still regular like it was on clomid i should be o'ing tomorroe some time... I've been feeling much more relaxing on my natural cycle and im hoping i can still become a success story.. My fingers are crossed!! :)

User Image

12 years ago

Well, my period is supposed to start today. I had some cramping day before yesterday and didn't feel much yesterday or today. I'm fairly certain that I am 14 DPO today. I tested negative yesterday, though. I didn't test today because I thought for sure my period was coming today I'm getting nervous! Either I'm getting a false negative or my period is just being rude and coming late.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

12 years ago

@ LittleDebbie: I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well. Enjoy your next ultrasound... they are a real treat and you don't get many of them during a pregnancy. I'm hoping to have the same luck you did with my first round of Clomid.

@ Hoping4babysoon: I'm glad to hear you are more relaxed with your natural cycle. I imagine it would be significantly less stressful. I've got my fingers crossed that this is the month for you!

@ felurian: I hope you're just getting false negatives! Hopefully AF is planning to be extremely late by say... 9 months. Unfortunately the stress of TTC can delay her arrival. Again, I hope that is not the case. Rooting for you.

@ dmcj101 and swimmom: Have ya'll got your BFPs yet??? So eager to hear! Praying for

AFM, I'm counting down the days until I can test. I'm only 5 DPO, so I've got a lot of waiting to do. I have been trying not to read too much into "symptoms," but I have been feeling dizzy and a little nauseous. I guess time will tell.

& to all!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

@Sweeti7628 Hey just curious did your doctor prescribe you anything for PCOS? I sent my doctor an email asking if I should be taking something and he said I could try Glucophage so Ill hopefully get a prescription soon I just read that woman with PCOS have a 50% chance of miscarriage rather than the normal 15% that is a scary thought, I talked to my husband to see what he thought about IUI now and I think he just might be willing =) so if clomid doesnt work this month which I have little hope it will Im hoping we can see a fertility doctor next month Im going to call my insurance tomorrow to see if they cover any of it, either way Im sure we going to do it. I looked at oregon reproductive medicine!
If the clomid doesnt work for you have you thought about trying to do the IUI?

Victoria (24) DH (28) married 12-30-09 DS 2-12-10 FurBaby 11-19-11, 6/8/2012 MMC 1/5/12 at 13 weeks D&C 1/6/12

12 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Welcome newbies! Wishing you all the best!!
I'm still reading now and then.. love hearing about BFPs.. or positive OPKs, etc, etc!
Since DH's SA came back so poor, and my ob/gyn basically said IUI is our only hope (and we can't afford it right now), we will be taking a break. I'm kind of relieved.. Tired of the medication, tired of all the testing, tired of counting the days, tired of disappointing BFNs. We gave it our all last cycle.. clomid, metformin, PreSeed, robitussin, soft cups, DH wore loose boxers, took cold showers, pumped himself with vitamins, and we BD'd like crazy... but got a BFN on 12 DPO, and AF is due tomorrow - and I've felt her coming for the last three days (my periods have gotten worse and worse with each cycle of clomid...). So this is it for us. We've done all that we can - and now we're just going to let things be.
DH is going to be 40 this coming January and we think we're going to try to plan something nice for his birthday.. If I were to have gotten pregnant this cycle, our due date would have been DH's birthday, exactly. I will be 30 next year.. and I figure after then, we'll start discussing IUI if we haven't had any miracles happen. God has blessed us with an incredible son.. he turned two last February and he's such an amazing little boy. This whole experience has made him him even more special (although I don't know how it's possible that he become any more special than he already is!).. and we will never discount the fact of how incredibly lucky we are to have been given this child.
Of course, I'm going to read up on all you ladies who are fighting tooth and nail! You all are so strong and beautiful... I know babies will happen for every single one of you!
It's going to be hard to 'stop' all this TTC.. to give up on counting the days, and testing.. it's just been my LIFE for the last two years!...
Wishing you all the best.. much love... Jennifer.

User Image

12 years ago

@ Fords.girl: No, I haven't been prescribed anything for the PCOS as of yet. The bigger concern with me is the luteal phase defect and using Clomid to get me to O earlier in my cycle. If we can get that to happen, and it seems to have worked this cycle, the PCOS isn't as much of a concern. Having had one child already, my doctor said the PCOS alone should not increase my chance of miscarriage. It's that darn LPD I've got to overcome.:-P

If the Clomid doesn't work, we'll probably try a different medication, like Femara. We won't be going the IUI route, simply because it's too expensive for our budget.

I have a good feeling about this cycle though. Today I have been crying at the drop of a hat over the dumbest things, I feel nauseous off and on, my breasts are sore and I'm so tired! It seems early for symptoms at 6DPO, but time will tell! I hope I'm not getting my hopes up too much! I'd hate to think this is all in my head!

I hope this cycle for you is surprisingly successful and you get that BFP! And I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide is your next step in TTC if Clomid doesn't work for you!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

Hi haven't posted for a while as have been trying to relax thru my 1zt cycle on clomid however this morn I went into meltdown and could do with some advice. Taking clomid day 2 - 6 and provera day 16-21 as prescribed. However read this morn that shouldn't be taking provera until after my 21 day bloods so I can get an accurate progesterone result. Apparently I could be ruining any chance of pregnancy by taking provera to bring on a new cycle does anyone know if this is right? Can't understand why I've been told to do this if it s gonna hinder my chances of pregnancy! Am so annoyed cos have had terrible symptoms from both lots of meds and am feeling really low and miserable atm.

12 years ago

Hey ladies. I've been out for quite a while. Haven't had much time to write out everything that's been going on in my life lately... I've still been reading up on you ladies almost every day using my phone (but it really sucks for writing everything out).

About three weeks ago, a friend of mine had her baby. Which I was happy for her, but envious. Baby and mommy are doing great.

Then exactly a week later, her little sister lost her 8 month old baby. It was very, very sad. He had some health problems and stopped breathing in his sleep. It still makes me tear up just thinking about it. They had an open casket funeral for him, and it was absolutely the hardest funeral I've ever gone to. Just heartbreaking. I felt so guilty for even trying to conceive. Here, my DH and I have been trying for over a year and I've had a number of emotions through all of our trials, and I just felt so awful. When this young mother, just lost her only child. Who was 8 months old to the day. I couldn't imagine finally having a child, and then have him taken away from me... Just way too sad. No baby or child should ever be laid to rest.

This morning, a coworker of mine just had her baby (a month premature). I'm happy for her, again, still envious, but glad everything went well for her. Her and her baby are both healthy and doing good.

Friday, 12DPO I went to a doctors appointment for horrible cramps that came and went for days. They did a pelvic ultrasound, and my doctor saw a line, and said that it didn't look like I had ovulated, or could possibly suggest I was pregnant instead, but too early to tell. My ovary did look like it had released an egg. Urine analysis, showed no type of infection, but no positive either. Blood work was done to test progesterone, which was at a 7, so the nurse said it seems compatable with post ovulation for 12dpo. AF was due yesterday and still no show. I don't feel like she is on her way either. Just a headache, tender bbs, and mild lower backache. I am now 15dpo and still am having BFNs. I've got my fingers crossed, but really just have not felt very positive at all about this round. I actually thought that ovulation seemed iffy... I'll keep you girls updated. Sorry for the sad post, just wanted to let you know some of the reasons I've been away.
Please pray for my friend that lost her baby (and her family). I know that they really need it.

I hope the rest of you ladies are doing good. Hoping to hear about those BFPs soon!!!

User Image

12 years ago

is due tomorrow, so far bfn but I feel like im out this cycle. Maybe next cycle.

Praying for a and !!!!!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo