Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Agape_Love I have been on Metformin for over a year and have never noticed it making me tired. I definitely had a lot of digestive upset and still do from time to time (sorry for the tmi) but no energy issues that I noticed. That's not a side effect I have ever heard associated with Metformin but everyone is different!

Val

12 years ago

Hi ladies!! Had 2nd opinion with another fertility dr close to my home and im very excited but also bummed because i basically have to start over. Also, she wants a sperm analysis for my DH, not just an ordinary sperm sample. I was told that it would take 7-10 days for the results. Its a test that will pinpoint everything. I also need to have my day 3 blood levels taken to check my ovarian stores.
She wasnt too happy with the fact that my previous Dr put me on clomid. I ovulate regularly and since im 35 and already have children, she said it has a chance for twins (which we all know already) and that in my situation, twins could be life threatening. She also said that the clomid can actually be causing me to NOT GET PREGNANT, :(
that made me very sad!! She also seemed to think completely differently that my previous DR as far as her protocol goes, so this may be a good thing. She also doesnt believe lap surgery in my situation will be of benefit so im very happy about that. She seems to think the prob. lies within my DHs sperm and im not ready to tell him that yet until our results come back. he thinks he has "super sperm" lol Ok ladies, heres to many BFPS in the near future!!!! Hugs!!!!!

12 years ago

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day today!

@meemer77: I hope you have better luck with this second Dr. and that you can finally get a BFP. Hopefully your DH's sperm is fine, but I think all men think they have "super sperm."

AFM: I initially thought I O'ed on Apr. 18 (CD 16), but clearly I was wrong. My CM, OPK and sharp temperature rise this morning suggest I O'ed yesterday, CD 22. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering on my natural cycles I O between CD 26-29, so the Clomid did make me O a little earlier. My CD 21 Progesterone check, which was Monday, showed really low levels, so sadly that also supports that I have to restart my TWW. A little bummed. Oh well. Thank goodness me and my DH have been BDing almost every day for the last 2 weeks, just to make sure! Only 13 days until testing!

& to all!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

Omg... Today is day 4 of clomid and I think I might just be sweating it all out! I have never been so hot in my life. It's worse at night, I woke up so drenched I had to wash the sheets (tmi). Here's hoping this all subsides in a few days

User Image

12 years ago

Well here is an update,
Cd 1: 4/1/12
Cd 5-9: clomid
Cd14: positive OPK
Cd16/17: ovulation
1dpo-6dpo:nothing
7dpo:tender boobs, bfn;i know im a poas addict
8dpo: tender boobs(normal), lots of gas, bfn
9dpo:same plus some twinges, not sure if its from the gas(tmi) bfn
I want this to be my month
Ive just been waiting and praying for a

Oh my clomid side effect were: hot flashes, and extreme ov cramps

Praying for a and !!!!!

12 years ago

@meemer77 Why does your doctor think clomid may be the reason your not getting pregnant?
Thats a scary thought!

Victoria (24) DH (28) married 12-30-09 DS 2-12-10 FurBaby 11-19-11, 6/8/2012 MMC 1/5/12 at 13 weeks D&C 1/6/12

12 years ago

Hello ladies:) Hope everyone is good. Just settling down for bed and thought I'd check in.

Fordsgirl- My new doctor said Clomid can thin the endometrium too much and also cause unfriendly cervical mucus. For most ladies on Clomid, this isn't a problem but I guess we all react differently. I don't know if that's how meemers doc feels though. I think doctors start to look at other things if more than 4 cycles go by with no results from clomid. At least that's my case.

Parela- I hear ya sister! I had the same thing but it didn't last for too many days thank God lol. I woke up a few times a night just sweating my butt off. I hope it doesn't last too much longer for you. Hang in there!

Thanks babylove9, and to you too:)

AFM- just counting down the days. I think I'm so pumped for next cycle that I've sort of written this one off. Perhaps its my defense mechanism so I don't get disappointed if AF shows. Who knows eh? It's nice to not be so focussed on this cycles I suppose. Oh and unrelated to this: I'm getting an EGG!! A chicken egg, that is, lol. I live in the city but am planning to raise three backyard chickens. Call me crazy or maybe I'm just lonely for a baby to raise but I've alway wanted a chicken or two. Just as pets, not to eat, except theier eggs:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

12 years ago • Post starter

hopefullll- have fun with your chickens! I have always wanted to raise chickens. Fresh eggs mmm :) And how great to be put on a different med! I hope it works better for you!

corbittbabyfaith- hang in there! Hopefully this will be your month

Parela- sorry to hear about the hot flashes and sweating :( That is no fun! I hope it passes soon. Maybe it will stop after you finish your doses.

Sweeti7628- Bah! Thinking you are a certain DPO and then finding out that you aren't as far as you thought is such a bummer! Glad to know that you still made sure you have a chance, though

Meemer77- How confusing to have two different opinions. I'm glad for you that you found a different doc that you like better. That is scary to hear that the clomid might have prevented pregnancy for you. Did she explain why that would be?

AFM- I am 11 DPO now, and I tested yesterday on 10 DPO and got a BFN. I know it was still early, so I'm trying not to lose hope. However, I don't really feel anything besides a little cramping, bloating and gas. I don't know if that means anything, since I felt it all before I O'ed, too. I think it's just a side effect of the Clomid. Other than that, I haven't felt anything. Nada. So, if I do happen to see a BFP in a few days, it will be the surprise of the decade.

I'm also having a really hard time today because it's the year anniversary of my due date. If I hadn't miscarried, my baby would have been one year old today. It's just a crappy day.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

12 years ago

@felurian: I am so sorry to hear that you're having such a rough day. Nov. 17 is a day that made me sad for years because I had a baby that was due on that day that I lost. It was a long time ago now, but I still think about it once in awhile. Let yourself be sad today, but push forward tomorrow. This could be the month you get your BFP! Don't lose hope!

AFM: My doctor has decided to bring me in next week for another progesterone test. He wants to make sure I did in fact O on CD 22 and that my levels aren't as low as they suspected based on the CD 21 test that was done before I Oed. We haven't even done the second prog. check and he already wants to increase my Clomid dosage to 100 mg. Does that seem weird to anyone else? I could understand increasing my dose if my prog. check next week shows low levels, or if my luteal phase is still too short. But if my only issue is that I O a little later, why would we increase the dose? I don't like questioning doctors, but I may insist on another round at 50 mg, that is, if there is a need for another round ;-)

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

Sweeti7628, Your Dr. probably wants to increase the clomid so that you can O earlier instead of later. Maybe ask what his reasoning is, and if it isn't good enough for you, ask to be kept at the current dosage.

From what I've read, O'ing too late can make the egg quality not good, and therefore not be able to be fertilized. If moving up the dosage can get to you ovulate a better quality egg earlier in your cycle, I'd do it. The side affects aren't that much different, especially if you take the pills at bedtime.

hopefulll, have fun with the chickens!

Sending everyone luck and hugs!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo