Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Oh p.s Im meeting my husband at our clinic today (as long he gets off in time) so he can get his sperm checked! Hoping he can get the job done lol poor guy! And I hope we get results soon im not sure how long it usually takes.. does anybody??

Ok gonna go enjoy the weather us washington folks dont usually get warm weather!

Victoria (24) DH (28) married 12-30-09 DS 2-12-10 FurBaby 11-19-11, 6/8/2012 MMC 1/5/12 at 13 weeks D&C 1/6/12

12 years ago

Hello Girls,
I hope all is well with everyone.....sorry for everyone who got AF.....And welcome to all the first time clomid users...praying you get that sticky bean first time out.

AFM: Not feeling very positive right now....AF is due on saturday..... been cramping off and on...irritable but not real bad. Just confused because my temps are still up.....and i couldn't resist the urge to poas and a BFN of course.....i knew it would be....it was only 10dpo....I am 12dpo today but i think i am out this month..my
DH told me today that we should try clomid again....i'm just not sure about that.....I think taking the clomid makes me more anxious about getting preggo. I want it so bad that i am starting to get very discouraged...But i try to keep my head up and go on and remember there is a great group of us ladies all in the same boat....No more pity party for me.....on the up side Vegas Baby.....3 days to go.....Thanks for letting me vent ladies....

Donna J. User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. I again (and I apologize) am not able to read too far back to see what's been going on. I hope that everyone is doing okay.

Ford's girl, I noticed your thought on the last page about skipping clomid to see if you will ovulate. I expect that you probably would. From all the research I've done, clomid hangs on in your system for up to three months. I know at least a couple of women on this site who go pregnant on their first "break" cycle off of clomid. It sometime will kick start your body into ovulating naturally each month going forward, or sometimes will keep you ovulating naturally until all the med is out of your system.

As for the semen analysis, I guess it depends on your clinic. I was always able to get the results by the next day with my husband's. They have a very short window to get all the counts done, within three hours usually. Some tests aren't complete until the 24 hour mark, depending on what they are doing. Your clinic may make you wait to get the formal results from your Dr. I hope his results are good, but if they aren't and you have questions, we've been dealing with male factor issues for our whole TTC journey.

AFM, I had my third HSG done this morning, and it is still clear, except for the right side now since that is closed off from my ectopic in March. I'm on CD and will be using OPK's to see what this cycle does naturally. If we don't get lucky, then I expect to start clomid IUI's again next cycle.

Good Luck to all!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Hello beautiful ladies....Hope all is well in your world.

AFM....started metformin and provera to jump start AF. I do have a question for anyone that has used metformin. Did you feel tired all the time?

Since I started I have had no energy at all. Not fun for me or DH.

Wishing babydust and sticky vibes to you all...

Me 36 DH 30 New too TTC 01/01/2012 User Image

12 years ago

Just checking in with everyone! I will be gone for 9 days on the east coast! It's already summer here in Texas so I am not sure of what to pack! I will be testing while I am gone! trying to hold out until May 2, but might test april 30th.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies - question for you all. How soon did you start feeling symptoms after starting clomid? Today was day 2 and I was burning up for an hour at work this morning, but I also got in late from an international flight do maybe I was just over tired

User Image

12 years ago

@ Parela: My symptoms didn't start until a few days after I took my last pill (I took it CD 3-7). A few days later I noticed I had no energy, I could have slept all day if I had that luxury. I also had my first of two bad migraines on CD 11. I've had a few warm flashes at night, but no really hot flashes. I hope your symptoms are minimal!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

hello gal pals:) Hope everyone is coping well or as well as to be expected on the ttc coaster. I had a mini vaction and didn't have my laptop so sorry for MIA. Welcome Parela and Corbitt! Best of luck to you gals!

As far as symptoms, my first month I didn't really feel anything. That is until I read all of the things I could be feeling lol. And then I felt hot flashes and a tad dizzy here and there but I think some of it was in my head or I would be think of hot flashes and would get one lol. So who knows. Now, my thrid cycle I had wicked O pains and mild headaches here and there. My fourth was sort of the same. Now I'm on my fifth and I'm done with Clomid, I have been getting really bad migraines, medium pain with aura and if I don't pop a tylenol at first sight I have to hang out beside the garbage can at work for fear of throwing up. Grrrrr. Most women don't feel much and can deal just fine, i hope you are one of those:)

AFM- bye bye Clomid! My new fabulous doctor and my new fabulous clinic has prescribed me Femara!! which i am super pumped about, he says it works wonders for women who have been on Clomid longer than four cycles with no results(providing they ovulated each cycle). So yeah! And supposedly, less side effects and doesn't thin out you cm or lining which he said is probably to blame for me ovulating but not getting pregnant. I'm a little bummed out that I wasn't one of the lucky ladies that Clomid worked for but nowt I have options. I am also going to buddy that up with IUI. So, for once, I am actually excited about TTC which is a breath of fresh air. I'm still staying on this forum as Femara is like Clomids cousin lol. I sure hope this works for me. Anyone heard of anybody tyring it?

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

12 years ago • Post starter

Hello Ladies

Parela~On my first round of Clomid I started feeling symptoms the second day as well. Luckily I didn't experience any hot flashes at all but it is a very common symptom.

Lisserb~Happy to hear your hsg test was good. on your natural cycle.

dmcj101~ Enjoy Vegas!!

Fords.Girl~I took Clomid two cycles and am now taking a break from it. I did ovulate before Clomid but my progesterone definitely did increase while taking it so I'm having mixed feelings about how this cycle will go. As for the sperm analysis, my dh had his results within a couple of hours. I had an internal ultarsound and we had our fertility consultation while we waited for the results.

As for me, I have an appointment on May 9th with our fertility doctor. This cycle I am just using my fertility monitor and bbt and I will go for another Day 21 Progesterone test to see if my levels are still high without the Clomid. I'm not sure what to expect from my appointment-he may suggest to continue on with the Clomid but I really don't want to.

& to all of you!

User Image

12 years ago

Hopefullll~ Awesome for the good news! Good luck to you!

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo