Community post

Discussion

starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! part 3

View Full Post

Welcome to all the ladies out there who have been riding the ttc roller coaster and have decided to give Clomid a try! We are a super group of ladies so feel free to share your every thought:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone -

I have been following this forum for a couple weeks now, but felt a little superstitious about posting until I was actually starting clomid myself. Well Today is CD1 (ugh) and I'll be starting 50mg clomid CD3-CD7 this cycle. I'm on vacation for a couple more days with a group of friends and now I really don't feel like being social!

Quick history for me: started TTC February 2011, conceived July 2012, no heartbeat at 8 week ultrasound, confirmed miscarriage 2 weeks later and finally induced miscarriage via misoprostol at the end of September. No luck since then. I appear to be ovulating on my own, but I have short cycles and very short luteal phases. My doctor doesn't seem concerned about that though... I've had all of the day 3 blood work, an HSG and DH had a semen analysis... Everything came back fine...

Everyone around me is pregnant, even my OB-GYN! I seriously considered changing doctors at that point. Anyway, I thought I should stop secretly reading alond with you guys and introduce myself.

Hoping for some more BFP's from you all soon :)

User Image

12 years ago

Hi Parela! So glad you've finally joined the forum. Glad to have you here! I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I've had a miscarriage myself and I know how devastating that experience can be. I truly hope that you have good luck with your first round of Clomid. I'm on my first cycle with Clomid 50 mg after being diagnosed with PCOS and LPD, and it sounds like you have LPD, too.

I can understand how hard it is having so many people around you that are pregnant. The vast majority of my friends are pregnant and my FB page is littered with newborn baby pictures. I really just don't want to be around their happy bubbly pregnant selves right now, but they are my friends, so I suck it up... even though it's painful.

Here's hoping that your first cycle with Clomid is a success and you get that BFP in a few weeks! Good luck to you!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

Hi Ladies, This is my first round of Clomid, CD5-9, DH and I are praying for our BFP. We have been trying since December 2010. I've heard so many stories about BFP's and clomid. Hoping that this is our month.

Praying for a and !!!!!

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,

As expected, has arrived, one day late. I didn't take an hpt's because I just knew I was out this cycle. I started spotting this morning. My second round of clomid was a fail. As I stated before I will not be doing a third round. Our ttc journey is not over but I am definitely taking a break for a few months. It's been since before our wedding in 2010 that we have been actively trying so it's not looking very hopeful. Unexplained infertility is soooooo FRUSTRATING because we don't even know what to fix! This cycle I will continue to BBT and use my fertility monitor but that's it. We may look into IUI in the fall. Even though I won't be taking Clomid anymore I'll keep checking in on the forum because I'm sure some of you will get your 's very soon and I'm wishing you all . I pray that we ALL are blessed with babies.

User Image

12 years ago

Hi corbittbabyfaith! Glad to have you here and good luck with your first cycle with Clomid.

@babylove9: Sorry to hear AF arrived. I hope you have better luck with your next cycle. Just don't let yourself get down. You'll get that BFP before you know it! I wish you the best of luck in your TTC journey!

Gina (28) DH (41) DS (1/3/2010) Finally pregnant after 18 months of TTC and three rounds of Clomid! User Image

12 years ago

corbitbabylove-welcome to clomid and I pray that your first cycle is all it takes! This is my first cycle too and it's the first cycle that I know i ovulated!!!!!

To all of you ladies who are starting a new cycle I pray for God's peace and blessing over you and that you are filled with His blessings and love.

Update on me: I am 3dpo and my temps rose again this morning! I am feeling bloated, and heavy....been having headaches, and I never get headaches, but I think that is a side effect of the clomid right?

I am hopefull and excited! I will start testing on April 30th I think.....I doubt I could wait much longer than that and I have like 20 pee strips I bought from babyhopes.com. If you all have not been to that website you should check it out! I love it and they send a little packet of babydust with every order and free shipping!

Have an amazing weekend! The weather here is gorgeous today so I think I will take my boys and big dog to the park!

User Image

12 years ago

@Swimmom: I rarely got headaches before clomid, but since starting it, I've had two really bad migraines and some minor headaches here and there. It's definitely one of the more common side effects.

12 years ago

Have a question got done with round 1 clomid started period so started round 2 clomid yesterday on day 3 bled heavy day 1&2 of cycle lite half day 3 and than nothing have you guys experienced this from clomid and is it normal?

Victoria (24) DH (28) married 12-30-09 DS 2-12-10 FurBaby 11-19-11, 6/8/2012 MMC 1/5/12 at 13 weeks D&C 1/6/12

12 years ago

@Fords.girl: That's really common. I experienced the same thing, except with my very first cycle of Clomid. I expect it to do the same with my second cycle. I know a lot of people have commented how the period just stops once you start taking Clomid. It's a little strange, but I can't complain too much about shorter period.

12 years ago

Fords.Girl~That happened both cycles of Clomid that I took. My period was heavy up until Day 3 when I took my first pill then it stopped. Before Clomid I would have a period of 5 to 6 days but not as heavy as while I was taking Clomid.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo