Posted by PeachesandMustard
I had the Mirena put in after the birth of my first child back in 2011. I had some issues with it, that I didn't realize were because of it until later, so I had it removed around Thanksgiving 2013. I read, and was told, to wait 1 cycle so that everything can get back to normal.
After it was removed I started a normal period about 1 week later. I had spotting the entire time it was in, so I knew that it was on time. 30 Days later I started another period and that is when I began charting my BBT, CM and using OPK.
I already have a DS so I would like to have a DD next. I know that is not guaranteed, and I'll be happy with a healthy baby, but when I heard about The Shettles Method, I wanted to give it a try. Along with timing of intercourse, I also changed my diet. I quit drinking all alcohol, MORE dairy, LESS meat and LOTS of veggies. Also, sweets instead of salty.
CTP suggested we BD on the 15th,16th & 17th - we got 2 of those days in. My OPK showed + on the 19th and I felt ov pains on the 20th. By 9 DPO I had my first VERY VERY faint +HPT using New Choice. I thought it was a fluke since the results didn't show till later, or I didn't notice them till later.
10 DPO - same thing. I thought the batch of New Choice were all broken. That night I bought a generic FRER from Walgreens and used evening urine, a VERY faint line showed up in 1 min. My husband said he saw it, too.
11 DPO I used FMU on the generic FRER and BFP!
This is what I noticed after OV.
1. My cervix stayed HFC. It didn't move no matter what time of day I checked it. It was always in the same spot, HFC.
2. My CM was like snot. It wasn't like lotion and it wasn't in abundance, but when I did check it, i would pull out a finger full of, what looked like, slimy snot. GROSS, I KNOW.
3. I was super bloated.
4. I was TIRED, so much so by 5 DPO I was taking naps.
5. My lower back hurt.
6. By 9 DPO everything I ate tasted really strong. Like it had TOO MUCH of whatever spice was on it. I even had a sandwich from Whole Foods that I could have sworn was just mozzarella and salt.
7. I've had an empty stomach feeling. Like I'm always hungry, even after I've just ate.
8. I was constantly thirsty for sparkling water.
Okay, that's all. Going for bloodwork on Monday and FX for PINK!
Added: Jan. 31, 2014