Posted by hotairballoons
First of all, I want to thank CTP for providing a wonderfully positive and encouraging community. I wish everyone lots of lucks in their pregnancy! After two months of doing "everything right," it was certainly helpful to read about other women who were also TTC. Since we lucked out on Month 3, I thought I would contribute to the conversation by adding 1) what I did the month I conceived and 2) what my symptoms were the month I conceived.
What I did:
- Continued to use OPKs (I used WondFo since the Clear Blues were getting expensive)
- BDed every other day starting the day my period ended - regardless of what the OPK said.
- Stayed in bed for 15 minutes after BDing (mission position - who knows if that mattered)
- Tried acupuncture once every two weeks for the 8 weeks leading up to conception - it was regular acupuncture (I didn't see a prenatal expert - just used a Groupon and tried it out). It definitely relaxed me, so perhaps it helped!
- Took Mucinex twice per day when I received positive OPKs - definitely increased CM
- As always, took a prenatal + DHA combo daily
- Drank what I wanted - didn't want the stress that I had the first two months
- Cut down on coffee (still had a small every day, but no more)
- Fewer than my placebo symptoms the first two months - I focused on my real life, and not the potential one that lied ahead
- Headache on 9DPO - it's still there!
- Low grade fever - still there (just 2 degrees, but my forehead always feels hot)
- Slight waves of nausea when I hadn't eaten in a couple of hours
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Hot Air Balloon
Added: Apr. 15, 2014