Day Past Ovulation 123456789101112131415161718    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Foaming Bleach Pregnancy Test?

Category: Two Week Wait - Pregnancy Tests
Posted by angrybird121 » Apr. 6, 2012 2:48pm

I read online that if you put a little bleach in a cup and pee in it, it will foam if you are pregnant and if you're not pregnant, it won't... Has anyone else tried this? What were your results?

Reply by bumblebaby8808 » Apr. 6, 2012 5:24pm

I haven't tried this but I have herd about a test to determine the gender of a pregnant woman's baby by having them pee in a cup of baking soda.

Bleach in a cup would be MUCH cheaper!!!

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29)
TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS
1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's
6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13

Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

Reply by angrybird121 » Apr. 6, 2012 6:01pm

A lot of people think it's stupid, but the women who have tried it, took a follow-up HPT and turned out to be pregnant.

Reply by engelsgirl » May. 27, 2012 10:17pm

i just did the homemade bleach pregnancy test out of just being curious i have missed my period by 10 days now anywho i poured bleach in the cup and added a lil urine to it it literally overflowed with foam and stayed bubbley until i poured it out i had my husband pee in a cup and added bleach not quite the same reaction however tomorrow i will be buying a test to make sure

Reply by VivaLaGina » Jul. 4, 2012 12:01am

I would just like to say that you should be careful if you are doing this in a smaller enclosed space, like a half bathroom. After the bleach foams up, it apparently creates and lets off a very strong gas, which I am assuming is toxic. I dumped the cup out quickly and turned the bathroom fan on. Maybe I put too much urine in the cup, but that was definitely an unpleasant surprise.

Be careful!

Reply by MariaBcn » Oct. 16, 2014 11:03am

So.. Ummm.. I did the bleach one and it fizzed everywhere. So, just to be sure I made my sister and brother do it and it did absolutely nothing..
I have felt very weird lately. I checked in http://bleachpregnancytest.com
Im almost positive Im pregnant. <3