Community post

Discussion

progesterone or pregnancy that is the question

so since i am a information nut and need to now everything about anything going on with my body i have been looking into a lot of the symptoms i have been experiencing this last week and discovered that most of the co inside with the levels of progesterone after ovulation.. so her comes my 2 questions..ok maybe 3... 1. when exactly does the influx of progesterone start.. Before or after ovulation?
2. when is the progesterone symptoms suppose to go away and pregnancy symptoms take over so someone can tell the difference?
3. what do you think of my symptoms: Nausea, bloating + gas, constipation, sore nipples and sensitive breasts, Sleeplessness and vivid dreams and not really having an appetite ... these are the worst. i also have a lot of mucus in my nasal area along with a few other mild things going on.. my cervix is not as high as it was a few days ago but still very soft. do you think this is all the levels of progesterone or do you think at 6dpo i could of switch to pregnancy, i know its too early to tell by poas but these symptoms are driving me nuts

Lou C.

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Progesterone is produced by the follicle when the egg is released at ovulation. all the symptoms you just described are progesterone symptoms.. its a pain but you really cant go off symptoms for that exact reason. but put it this way usually (i say usually cuz there are those rare few that go into weeks late b4 theirs enough hcg in their urine to test pos) if your having actual pregnancy symptoms you should be able to get a bfp. that being said usually the egg doesnt implant until around 8dpo (can happen a bit sooner in rare cases or even later which isnt so rare) my 2nd pg i got really nauseous 8or 9dpo and tested and got a faint pos. hope this helps :)

12 years ago

thanks Starburstice... i already knew my symptoms where probably progesterone thats why i was asking how to tell the difference between the two when pregnancy takes over. thats what i was confused about and since the symptoms started less then 48 hours after what i was told could be my ovulation date. i was just curious on how to tell the difference because they are so similar.

Lou C.

12 years ago • Post starter

every month i seem to go through this, wondering if i am experiencing preg. symptoms or if its all in my head or from progesterone??
I dont take any kind of prog. supplements/creams, i am on clomid 50 mg days 5-9 and always had an iffy progest. level, one month was 19, one was 16 and one was11, Last month on clomid it was a 52.8 but BFN!! I was sure i had every possible preg. symptom but it was just from the high level of prog.:( total Bummer!! Im not 4-5 dpiui and praying!!!! to all!!!1

12 years ago

yeah there is no really way to tell the difference between progesterone and early pg symptoms but to test

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo