Major update and mobile-friendly site coming soon! Learn more
   Day Past Ovulation 123456789101112131415161718    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

New website launch coming soon!

Category: Two Week Wait - General Chatter
Posted by CountdownGirl (Admin) » 1 week ago

The newest edition of Countdown to Pregnancy is coming soon!

With many features and upgrades, we're sure you'll love it!

The site will be offline for a few hours while we make the switch and migrate all the data to the new system. We appreciate your patience during this process.

We will let you know prior to the upgrade.

Some new features to look forward to:
> mobile-friendly
> updated community posts
> upgraded ovulation detection algorithm
> streamlined data entry
> NEW probability of pregnancy metric
> updated design
> new security
> and more!

Reply by dragonfly23 » 1 week ago

Ever since I found this website, I have enjoyed it very much. The only thing that I dislike and I think I can speak for everyone else is all the advertisements that take up pages and pages of the forums. Is there going to be a process where there is a limited amount that one can post or can it be stopped all together. Thank you for all the hard work you guys put in to keep this up and running.

dragonfly23

Reply by CountdownGirl (Admin) » 1 week ago

Thanks! :)

Yes, those spammers are terribly annoying!! I believe I have come up with a way (on the new site) to reduce or eliminate these garbage posts.

That will be amazing. I think on the weekend I had to go through 7 pages just to find the one I was looking for. that everything works out. Will changes also be made to the sister site (countdownmypregnancy)?

dragonfly23

No changes to CMP at this point. Rebuilding CTP was a massive undertaking so I will probably take a bit of a break ;)

Reply by FlamingoGirl13 » 1 week ago

@ Dragonfly - You can save forums so you don't have to scroll through the forum pages! I know the advertisements are annoying but the way around that is to "follow" a forum. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of the forum and choosing the follow icon with the yellow star by it. Then in your right side bar there is a section called My Forum Topics. This will have any forums you are saving in it and you can easily and quickly get back to the forum you are chatting in.

I'm looking forward to the spammers being gone with the new update! Thank you for all your hard work.

FlamingoGirl13

@FlamingoGirl13. OMG, you are a lifesaver. That will so save time on having to scroll through everything. Will it still show "last activity" as then that saves me having to go in and checking if someone has commented or not.

dragonfly23

Reply by FlamingoGirl13 » 1 week ago

@ Dragonfly - It sure does show last activity!!

FlamingoGirl13

@FlamingoGirl13. That's awesome. I am going to try that. Thank you again.

dragonfly23

Reply by callmecrazy » 1 week ago

So funny! I came here to check the nw updates and who do I find? LOL
But I'd like to know about the popup websites. It started on my apple devices where it would send me to an advertisement page, now it's on my desktop. It's super annoying and limits how much I can participate in the forums. It must be a site problem since it happens on multiple devices and different networks.

callmecrazy

@callmecrazy - sorry you are having this issue!! Can you send me any info you can about the advertisements. (url or links, screenshots etc) as there shouldn't be any ads that take you off the the site or cover the page. (I would like to notify the ad network so they can be removed!!)

Use the contact us form (link at the bottom of the page) to send me whatever you can and I will do my absolute best to get these stopped. This will help not only you, but anyone else that may be seeing them :) Thanks!

Reply by Beaut1ful38 » 1 week ago

Hahaha Hey ladies!!

That is great news about the updates! Mobile friendly. i get adds but mainly on my iphone, which i heard is normal and annoying. But on the desktop, no problems except one time but i just hit exit or the back key and take me back to where i was.

Beaut1ful38

@CountdownGirl. Is there a way we can up the amount of characters we can have in the messages and in the Q & A. I just typed out quite a bit and had the exact amount of characters and an error came up. It didn't save my response so then I had to start over. Another, I know there is a way to compare symptoms from previous cycles but is there something where one can just compare BBTs with other months?

On a side note. Why is there cocaine ads on here where women are trying to get pregnant? I think forums should be viewed before being posted. Thank you again for all the amazing work you put in. We all appreciate it.

dragonfly23

@dragonfly23: On the new site the length limits have been increased. Posts and replies (including Q&A, journals etc) will be 6000 characters. Private messages will be 2500 characters.

I will be adding the BBT compare at some point, but haven't completed that as of yet.

Again, I'm hoping the new "anti-spam" stuff will keep these ridiculous spam posts off the site... sigh.

@Countdowngirl. Thank you very much. Much appreciated. Again, thank you for everything.

dragonfly23

Reply by Hope032278 » 1 week ago

I like be your site, but it’s the only website that every few minutes redirects me to a spam site, telling me I’m the lucky winner of an Amazon gift card or a new iPhone. It’s super annoying! Happens on my phone and on my tablet! Hopefully your safety improvements will prevent this from happening in the future! Can’t wait to find out!

Hope032278

@Hope032278 - Sorry that is happening! Can you take a screenshot and copy the URL that you are being redirected to? There shouldn't be any ads that take over the screen or redirect you so I need some information from you to figure out which ads are causing these problems. Thanks! Use the contact form or email me at info@countdowntopregnancy.com with the info and any screenshots. Thanks very much!!