Community post

Discussion

7 DPO - trying not to obsess

View Full Post

Hi. I ma 7 DPO today and I am trying not to obsess over every little cramp and twinge I feel. I am not sure if these are new things that are happening this cycle or if I am just now noticing them because we are TTC.

For the past several days, I have been feeling some dull aches in my lower abdomen - first on the left side and more recently a little on the right. I noticed a lot of people say that they feel tired and their bbs hurt, but I have none of that. Just the dull aches and some other random stuff that happens no matter what CD it is.

I ordered some HPTs online, bu they won't arrive for another few days...and I promised DH I wouldn't test until 4/1, which would be 14 DPO.

I am trying not to get my hopes up, but I can't seem to get this stuff out of my head. Do you think this is all in my head?

User Image

67 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 67 Replies | Last Page

lilchicken - YAY!!!!

So I had a VERY strange day today. My "symptoms" (if you want to call them that) were mostly absent today except for the fullness/slight crampiness and tightness in my lower abdomen.

So about mid-way through the afternoon, one of the people I work with asked me if I could help him out in the conference room for a few minutes. I said sure. I went with him down the hallway and I walk into the conference room and there is EVERYONE in the office, with a bunch of balloons and a card. So my boss then says, "we understand you are celebrating something today. We heard you are expecting a baby! Congratulations!!" And I was just in shock. First of all, all of my conversing with this board has been either from my private iPhone or from my computer at home. I hadn't done anything from work. Second, nobody even knows we are trying. So HOW ON EARTH would he even know we are trying, let alone pregnant? I don't even know that yet. So I said "I sure hope not" to cover, because I don't want to make our "trying" public at the office - not because I actually hope not - I hope we get a BFP in a few days. So after watching me squirm for a little bit (and everyone else was shocked he said that) he actually came out and congratulated me because the real reason for the gathering and the balloons and the card was to celebrate my graduation tonight from the Dale Carnegie course. I was totally relieved that it was all a joke, but it did make my heart skip a beat and sent me into full-on panic mode for a bit.

SOOOOoooooo at the Dale Carnegie graduation, I was sitting in my seat and I am wearing the jeans I normally wear to class and they are normally either fitting just right or a bit loose. Well tonight, my (real or imaginary - you pick...) lower abdomen crampiness was making those 3.5 hours absolute H-E-double hockey sticks. I had what felt like shooting pains in my abdomen and around my hip flexors. I was sooo uncomfortable. Maybe it was the food I ate at the pot luck social we had before the class (yummy Chick-Fil-A chicken fingers and other goodies) but something was not right there. Now the TWW-er and symptom spotter in me wants to believe that it is because I am PG and will be seeing that 2nd line pop up on Sunday. The practical side of me is trying to keep the TWW-er side from getting too excited and trying to believe that it is nothing but a little gas.

This TWW thing is so frustrating. I was remarking to DH last night that I wish Mother Nature made a bold line of demarkation between AF symptoms and PG symptoms. That way if you had symptoms on this side of the page, you were not PG and if you had symptoms on that side of the page, you were PG. Guess life just isn't that simple.

and to ALL!!!!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

One thought just hit me - could my chances at getting a successful PG be hurt by wearing the pants that were obviously too tight for tonight and putting extra pressure on that region? Could it have hurt what (I hope ) is going on down there? Probably a stupid question.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

difwiz- I think tight pants only affect the males, lowering their sperm count. It won't affect your fertility to wear tight pants. If you become pregnant, they will just become uncomfortable. I'm not a doctor or anything, it's just what I believe to be true.

User Image

12 years ago

I am the same I feel nothing this month but some pinching and pulling to the left of uterus and today more right. Last night I had a pinching feeling that made me yell out ouch! Oh and I am constipated , which really sucks! Anyone feel the same?

12 years ago

I am 8-11DPO and I have been feeling similar feeling, but no constipation. The antibiotic I am on causes diarrhea though.
These are yesterdays symptoms:
Abdomen: Mild/Dull Cramps/Pressure
Abdomen: Pulling/Pinching
Chest: Tender Breasts
Head: Dry Mouth/Increased Thirst
Head: Headache
Head: Stuffy Nose
Pelvis: Diarrhea
Stomach: Increased Appetite
Today:
Abdomen: Pulling/Pinching-the pinches are almost like scratches, wierd
Chest: Tender Breasts- I have cysts so this is normal for me
Head: Dry Mouth/Increased Thirst-may be caused from mouth breathing due to stuffy nose
Head: Stuffy Nose
Stomach: Increased Appetite

Also, for the past few minutes, in the same area that the pinching occurs I was feeling a poking sensation..sorta like a muscle spasm. I am trying to be hopeful, but as you can see I make excuses for what I am feeling lol.

User Image

12 years ago

Im new to this site but I'm getting the same symptoms as you ladies..I've been getting since a few days after dpo plus now I'm feeling queasy and bloated..
Today I was at work and I felt as if I had to pull my trousers down a little just to get comfy...I'm hoping it's not in my head and that AF is on her way..me and the hubby have been trying for 6 months and this tww has been frustrated especially with all the cramping I've been getting throughout x

12 years ago

Hi ladies I was follwoing your thread and all of your symptoms and I know your cycles are a few days ahead of mine, but i was hoping maybe you could help me make sone sense of what I'm feeling. On days 1-3 PO I had headaches and on sunday it turned into a bad migraine. ON the 3 day I had cramping, bloating, nausea, fatigue and full feeling . The headaches went away a liitle on day four, but I still had all of the other symptoms. ON day 5 the cramps were really bad like I was getting AF. On day 6 I had bad nausea I didn't even want to eat anything. TOday is day 7, but all I am feeling is bloated. Is this a bad thing?

12 years ago

mrsparenti- I don't think it's a bad thing. Some woman don't have symptoms at all and get a BFP. Keep your head up & stay positive

User Image

12 years ago

I wanted to add AF is due April 4th.

2 days ago: cervix was high to mid- I could reach is, very soft, and slightly open.

Today it is very high, can't reach, hard and closed. (I couldn't reach so I had DH check it).

Anyone else checking their cervix?

User Image

12 years ago

I'm not really checking cervix but I have noticed that normally when me and DH BD he normally touches the top when I sit up on top but we BD the other night and I didn't feel it in that position so maybe my cervix is higher than normal...apologies for the graphic info

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo