Community post

Discussion

16 days post Ovidrel no AF, no progesterone WTF

This is my first IUI and also ovidrel but nothing else. I read about not taking a HPT too soon because it will give false positive due to lingering trigger shot. I never had an issue with ovulation but DR wanted to do with trigger shot to time IUI.

I had the IUI done on day 14 and took the day 21 test and ovulation occurred and progesterone levels were good so no supplements were prescribed. I've been feeling cramping for about 7 days now and AF was due today. I have a regular cycle and never missed periods or have delayed periods unless pregnancy had occurred. I know its way too early to say AF isnt coming because im only a day late so Im guessing it will show up soon.

My concern is my breast have been sore for a week also and i took a HPT test this morning and there was a faint 2nd line. Now my first thought was maybe its still the Ovidrel hanging around but I took that shot on Nov. 11 and that was 15 days ago and by now it should be out of my system., right? It was only a 250mcg dose.

I calculated the amount that leaves the system every 24 hours and it tested out by now. I tested to see early on and i was getting double lines on the HPT and then they faded out, but now Im getting a faint line again. I swear I think im seeing things and imagining a positive HPT test that's not threre. Im going in tomorrow for a blood test to see where my HCG levels are to determine if I am indeed pregnant because at this point in my life im beyond confused.

Has anyone had a situation like this before? So many of the other posts that I have seen include others who have taken progesterone supplements with Ovidrel and thats why AF hasnt shown up. Im hoping to find someone who is having the same issue as me to provide a little guidance on what to do.
thanks. :-)

0 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo