Community post

Discussion

TTC after tubal reversal

Hey ladies! My husband and I are ttc again after tubal reversal. We thought we were done when our son was born in April of 09 so I had my tubes tied during c-section. Two months later he died of SIDS and I've been upside down since. Recently had tubal reversal and im so afraid we wont conceive! I need some e encouragement! Thanks girls!

10 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

hello Missdaisy,
so sorry for your loss. my husband and i are also ttc after a tubal reversal. my tubes were tied 21 years ago and i am 42. we can go through this together i have read so much on this and btw i have done one cycle of clomid. you might want to try it. i had no side effects. if your younger and no other fertility issues i promise you will get a sticky bean within 5 mos. that seems to be the average on conception after a tubal reversal. sending you lots of baby dust.......

Donna J. User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi Dmcj101!!
How long ago did you have your reversal? Where did you go? Its only been a couple months and im so afraid that my tubes healed closed! I went to Chapel Hills in North Carolina. What a huge step for BOTH (you and I!)of us!I need to look further into clomid. Im 33 but my cycles have been getting shorter! Is it a prescription drug? So thankful for your response, it makes the journey easier!

12 years ago • Post starter

hello sweetie,
i had my reversal 12/30/11 and so it has only been a couple of months for me too. Chapel Hill from what i read is a phenomial place. i went to a local doctor that does them here in albuquerque, nm . he is very good in this area. had a couple of friends who used him for other female issues with good outcomes. Yes clomid is a prescription and i have read about getting it on the internet without one but dont recommend that. my insurance pays for the prescription so it only cost me 10.00 for a cycle dose which is for 5 days. On the lighter side your only 33 and your percentage is higher than mine. btw shorter periods aren't as bad as longer irregular ones. as long as you get a period regularly you are most likely ovulating. where as since my surgey(reversal) my periods are very weird. btw i was on birthcontrol for over 5 years because i had blood test to confirm perimenopausal. so i had tubes tied and on birthcontrol to stop my cycles. so i stopped the pill 1/16/12 on my own because the docter wanted me to stay on them , i guess for healing purposes. i did not get a period until 2/13/12. i tell you this because i forgot the pill for a couple of days when i was taking them and spotted for over a week which was crazy. i stopped them and nothing. so needless to say i was very crazy and confused. the day i started was when i went back to the doctor and i was relieved...meaning i started so i maybe can still ovulate. well he gave us to go ahead to ttc. and gave me clomid. my doctor gave us a bd'ing schedule to go by which i think is funny because i don't know for sure how all the charting works and if i really am ovulating. we are going to have the dye test to check if my tubes are blocked at 6 mos. so you might want to see if you can get this done to give you some piece of mind. i know i feel the same way as you do about if they are really open. for fyi i have read that this test is somewhat painful not real sure though. i have great hopes for you because you have the numbers. so glad to have found you here and yes lets do this together. also right not i am 3 days late for af and 33 cd and 18 dpo and nothing yet and a BFN so far.

12 years ago

So thankful for you! Do you just feel like you're on a rollercoaster? I thought this reversal would help me feel happier but instead I feel stressed and almost depressed. Not what I was expecting. How do we get through the after blues?
Fingers crossed for a BFP! Keep me posted!

hello missdaisy, sorry was out of town this weekend. Well I can definately agree with you. This whole journey is a big mess of emotions. I knew my chances are iffy but I want a happy ending. Don't know how to handle all this stress either but I know its going to be worth it in the end for both of us. Btw no af still and I am on cd35 and 20 dpo and yet another BFN this evening. Only thing I know is I get to call the doctor tomorrow. Hope I know something this week.

12 years ago

Still no AF for you! You have to let me know how the doc appt goes! I've got all fingers and toes crosse d!

Hello missdaisy,
well i got the call this morning and a BFN for the blood pg test. so i start the birthcontrol pills for 5 days today. i had a anvulotory cycle (sorry ms) this past month, meaning i had a period and did not ovulate. So the birthcontrol is supposed to cause me to dip in my luteal phase and force a period. after that happens i start my second round of clomid on cd 3-7. One thing i know is that the frustration and anxiety level is now lowered. but i hate all this emotions every month even though i am fairly early in ttc. I just cant help with thinking my age is such a huge factor and if i made a mistake is trying one more time. why do we make some of our choices in life? Well lets hope this cocktail will work. keep me posted on your progress ok

12 years ago

BFN today, im crabby and feeling like giving up...

Hey MissDaisy!!!!
long time no hear from you....i have been wondering how you are doing... btw sorry for the BFN...same here too. I know this won't help but it will happen for you. Gotta think that you just had surgery and your body is trying to get back to normal and it will take time... thats what everyone tells me....go figure... i think sometimes yea right and you never have or going through this. So keep it to yourself right?. then i remember they love me and that they are thinking about me and want to encourage me. So no for nothing....I'm sending it to you.. I know how crabby you are because i have been like that for over a week now. beter today.. i finished the second round of clomid and let me tell you the side effects this time was hard on my DH and everyone around me... Gotta keep myself in check.. hehe btw i went 44 days before i finally got that ugly witch. but not before i called my doctor to tell him that the pills he gave me didn't work for bringing on my AF. So he had me start that clomid anyway and consider it cd3....and low and behold i take the clomid that day 3/28 and that night she came.....i'm thinking oh no what do i do know...do i continue the clomid as doctor said or wait for actual day 3 to start it again....well i kept taking it and finished yesterday and hope that i will ovulate this month... so i am a big mess.....hehe
I know one of us will get lucky with a sticky bean soon!!!!
NEVER GIVE UP

12 years ago

Hey there! Sorry it's been so long. Ive been crazy busy! How are your clomid cycles going? I found i have lueteal phase defect. Doc prescribed progesterone pills to start on day 10cycle of my cycle. Deal is, my cycle didnt start.... 13 dpo and faint positive hpt. Very worried about ectopic but will have to wait and see. I have a hard time believing something isnt or isnt going to go wrong. Praying for a sticky bean for you, ive heard clomid is good. My friend has twins because of ut! Hugs and kisses, and lots of prayers for conception.

Dane

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo