Community post

Discussion

Pregnant after being told it couldn't happen!

After many years of being told I could not concieve the unexpected happened yesterday. I took a test and it was a positive after missing my period this month. It was unplanned but never the less we are excited. I am more nervous if anything. I am 24 years old and had a son at the age of 16 and had serious health problems afterwards. This is a shock and gift from god. Just wanted to share hoping to get some friends to chit chat with. Like I said I am nervous but happy. Hard to put in words and I am an emotional mess lol. Thank you so much for reading!

4 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Congratulations!

I was 20 when I conceived my son after doctors had told me that there was a strong possibility that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant naturally. I remember being excited but super scared - thinking that something bad would happen. I'll pray for the health and well-being of both you and your baby.

Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead. 2 Samuel 11:5

6 years ago

Congradulations. I hope your pregnancy goes well for you and you have a healthy and happy 9 months.

I remember when I was with my ex husband (2003-2016) and I knew from the start that he can't have kids but was praying that one day a miracle would happen but never did. One because he has Type 1 Diabeties and was scared to pass it down to the fetus and second, I believe his tubes were blocked as nothing would come out. We considered doing artificial insemination and when I had the ultrasound done, the sonographer told me that one of my tubes were blocked. Needless to say I was very sad and our relationship took a toll for many years after that. My ex would always tell me to "go out and get pregnant". I couldn't do that to him or the father of that baby as it wasn't right. I have since been remarried (2016) and have a 19 month old daughter and now 5DPO and working on trying for baby #2. In my heart, I strongly believe that God can stop woman from having babies if they are with the wrong person (like me) or other factors that are unknown.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

I really appreciate your comment for so many reasons. My first son was from a very physically violent and emotionaly abusive ex husband that made me miscarry multiple times. I now have a new man who is everything that I could ever dream for in a man. My boyfriend loves my son like his own and we are very excited for this miracle baby to complete my little family. The reason why I feel as nervous as I do is because I never experienced a happy, peaceful pregnancy with a man I loved. My parents arranged my marriage as a child culturaly driven and I never had the opportunity or freedom as I do now. I just want to be happy! Thank you for your prayers ladies I will truely do the same for you all. God bless you!!

6 years ago • Post starter

i hope your pregnancy is complication free and you have a healthy baby! luck

please excuse any typos as I'm on my cell phone

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo