Community post

Discussion

I'm Confused - Maybe Pregnant?

All right! Last month I could have sworn I was pregnant. I had nausea, boobs felt bigger, backaches, bloating, all of it. However, I got a negative pregnancy test at 12 days past ovulation and then two days later, got my period like usual but it was a lot lighter than what I normally have. Generally (TMI alert) I have a heavy flow for days 1-3 and then brown spotting days 4 and 5. This cycle I had only a somewhat heavy flow for not even half the day followed by brown spotting, so my period only really lasted like two or three days.

But I just took this as being negative. Then a week or two ago I saw my OB/GYN who took a normal urine pregnancy test (mind you this was about an hour after I went pee at home because I had just woken up). When the results were negative I just sort of assumed that was that. I'm seeing her again tomorrow (the tenth) and I'm going to obviously bring this up.

I'm still having some cramping with some mild backaches and some serious bloating. My period is due in about 4 days and even though I've been bloated, crampy, and constantly feeling like I'm going to vomit I'm wondering if it's because of PMS or not. But I've been so painfully bloated that I cannot sit in my jeans without having them completely undone and my breasts seem like they're just... I don't know, fuller?

Of course, I did try again this month, but I can't help but have the feeling that I'm pregnant from last month. I hate this since I worry that my doctors will think it's all in my head. Any suggestions for me? Has anyone gone through something similar with negative pregnancy tests? I don't know what to think since I haven't been pregnant before.

<a href=

2 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

had problems with my period they were always messed up but I was shocked that my last cycle it came a week early but it was so light and different in color from dark red to brown it lasted 8 days and I been taking lots of pregnancy tests since it came all negative but I still felt things happening like pain on both sides and sore breast , sleepy and exhausted it's now been more than 30 days since I had the spotting
yesterday at night I bleed after baby dancing and thought my period came but nothing today completely white
went to the Dr today did a blood test turns out I'm pregnant went home took an HPT late evening it was clear positive
last time I took a pregnancy test was a week ago it was negative

this happened to me 2 cycles ago but I ended up miscarrying early
so you could be pregnant you never know
I gave up too and thought it could be all in my head

6 years ago

xSharky7 I'm so sorry that you had a miscarriage. I can't even imagine the heartbreak that must have been.

Tomorrow I'm going in to get the ultrasound done so I'm still not sure what's going on... the wait is horrible.

<a href=

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo