Community post

Discussion

TTC 30 and older

I'm 30 TTC and I'm having trouble. I've been trying 8 months but have been having unprotected for 2 years and still no BFP. Any ladies trying and having trouble or got a BFP in your 30s and what did u do different.

3 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi, I am sorry you are struggling. Have you done any additional tests to know more?

6 years ago

No not yet. I really don't know how much it will be for all those test. I'm waiting on my insurance to kick in then I'm gonna start making appts

6 years ago • Post starter

Your OBGYN should be able to send you for preliminary test such as:
HSG: this is an x-ray of your uterus and fallopian tubes to check to see if your Fallopian tubes are patent/open

Semen analysis: this test is for your spouse to assess his fertility. It looks at the size, shape and motility of his sperm

FSH levels: this is a blood test looks at a women cycle and ovarian production

Ovarian function tests: These tests are looking to see how the hormones are functioning and working during your ovulation cycle.
On Day 3 the following are measured
Day 3 FSH (measuring follicle stimulating hormone)
Day 3 Estradiol (measuring estrogen)
Ultrasound (to confirm ovulation occurred)

Iron levels: The blood test will determine if you have iron deficiencies in your blood such as anemia

I hope this information is helpful to you and perhaps it can be starter discussions for you and your doctor.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo