Community post

Discussion

1st Rnd Clomid - Brown Discharge, No Period! Pregnant?

Hello! This is my first post, ever, so please bear with me on terminology and details. A bit of background first:

I will be 37 in less than a week. We have been TTC for 2 years - my first child, my husbands 3rd. In January, I had laproscopy and removed stage 3 endometriosis. I normally have horrible pain with my periods (have always needed tramadol for the pain) but it has gotten a little better after laproscopy. They could not remove it all (some near my colon) so may need to do a treatment of Lupron. I have been tracking each cycle for 2 years - temps, cervical mucous. I normally have on average 25 day cycles and ovulate between 13/14.

08/19 was CD1 putting me today at CD32. On CD5 I began 5 days of Clomid 50mg. I haven't been trusting my thermometer the past couple of cycles since I've been using it every single day for 2 years and my temps this entire cycle have been low - so I'm not quite sure if/when I ovulated. But I had horrible pain in my left side and leg around possible ovulation time. I also had a ultrasound showing a nice, big follicle. I have had a few strange happenings (maybe a result of the clomid this cycle) that I need opinions on! On CD25 I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any cramps (normally I'm almost bedridden with pain before I started my period). The next day CD26, I went ahead and put a pantyliner on because I was going to be in class all day and didn't want to be caught by surprise. In the AM I had dark brown discharge and thought it was the beginning of my period (still no cramps). For the following 3 days I had dark brown mucousy looking discharge. I typically do have dark brown discharge before and after I have about 1-2 days of red blood. But when the red blood never came I thought it was strange. Again, no cramps whatsoever throughout those 3 days. My doctor called me in another round of Clomid after I called to get their opinion on this and said to test on Monday (yesterday CD31 resulting in BFN) but I'm worried that I might be pregnant and don't want to take the clomid. I tested this morning with a BFN. Is it possible that I'm pregnant and there's not enough HCG to give me a positive result yet? Is it possible that the clomid gave me a 3 day brown discharge with no cramps? I'm losing my mind here! Thanks in advance for any and all comments/responses! xxx

1 Reply • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I forgot to mention. It seemed like if I did ovulate it was a late ovulation (did ovulation tests and were positive until CD19).

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo