Community post

Discussion

Differentiate period cramps and pregnancy cramps?

I am only 4-5dpo, but today I had cramping that felt more like a sting. ... I want to prepare myself for the differences in cramps just in case i do fall pregnant. I remember my first pregnancy very early on I felt a stinging cramp, and an on and off dull twinge cramp until the 5th week of pregnancy. I am worried that every cramp is a sign of period but the cramps I feel today are not like my period cramps. I know there are ovulation/implantation/pregnancy cramps that can differ quite a bit. Does anybody know how to explain the difference in cramps and when you felt them? All replies are appreciated

Baby dust to all of you.

User Image

10 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

my pregnancy cramps felt JUST like AF cramping at 10dpo. I thought for sure I was out and that AF was showing up early... but she never did so I got curious and got my bfp by 12dpo. Good luck!

User Image

12 years ago

That's good to hear, my AF feeling cramps have gone away and I haven't cramped at all today. I have a lot of symptoms and 3 faint positives but it is early and I don't want to get my hopes up but it's hard not to(:

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

The cramps I felt were exactly like period cramps. I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between them if I didn't know what I was feeling already. I'd have figured I was in for a mighty AF any other time.

12 years ago

Iv been having mild cramps since about 4 DPO! AF is due today and Im praying that she doesnt show!

12 years ago

same ere im 9dpo and i have the painful headaches bruised to feel boobs low backache cramps like you would.nt belive and i cramp the day b4 af is due funny sensations like flutters or butterflies in my tummy so lets all compare syptoms ha fx for all keep me informed not testing at all untill 18th no point as just be wasting test and i wanna see how long these syptoms go on and if i get more were all gonna get our BFP

12 years ago

I have all my symptoms and my BBT chart on my page! You can obsess over my symptoms if youd like! Lol.

12 years ago

Just wondering how you are all progressing? I am at 10DPO and suffering AF like cramps with no other symptoms. Odd thing is this cycle I have had mild cramps and a sit up like sensation from 4DPO.

12 years ago

i am 9dpo and have had weird symptoms for a few days now. I have never had these at this time of the month, I hardly ever pms much more than the day before af and just cramps. Since 7 dpo i have had very bad lower back pain, cramps like af, very hungry, and I just can't get up in the morning I almost feel drugged.

AF isn't due for another week I don't know how I'm going to make it until then!

Lindsay

12 years ago

Well I got my BFP after the only symptoms I had were feeling like I was getting my AF and cramps a week before she was due ... Wishing you all the success in the world!

12 years ago

would love to read more updates from you all. I an @ about 18 dpo (even though im not sure tht i even ovulated). Mines is usually between 10 and 14 of my cycle. Anyway... Ive been getting really bad cramps feels like its tht time. (and it shld be because im on day 26 of my cycle) im scared to test. But need to know. Anyway ladies plz update us. Is anyone pregnant yet?

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo