Community post

Discussion

WTF is going on with my body?

Background: I just turned 42 in July. Around March DH and I decided to try for a 3rd (I got preggers VERY easily with first two, now aged 4 and 6), so I had my Paragard removed. After a couple of weird cycles (one lasting 14 days!) after the IUD removal, I leveled out with about a 28-day cycle. (I take Vitex.) Hubs and I already decided that although we want a 3rd, we aren't willing to do infertility if it doesn't happen.

I tried doing OPK test strips, but they were stressing me out with everything else I had going on at the time (we moved to a different state this summer, where I know NO ONE), so I decided I. just. can't. I'm keeping track of when I ovulate and recording symptoms with my body, but that's it. (I don't do temping.)

So my last cycle was 26 days, and the one before that 27. I appear to be shortening. Which I guess happens in one's 40s and is a sign of waning fertility (dammit).

This cycle:
CD8: BD (totally spontaneous)
CD9: mega EWCM (me: What? Really?)
CD10: light cramping (O'ing?)
CD 11: not much happened
CD12: slightly stronger cramping (O'ing?), so we BDed, just in case.
at CD17 my breasts starting swelling and hurting, which is usual for me, although over the next couple of days they got bigger than usual. Like balloons. And wow, they hurt.
CDs22&23: mild, dull, intermiittent cramping
Today (CD24): light spotting. Red. With clear CM. My breasts are still swollen, though they don't feel quite so sore.

So either I'm starting my period, which means I just had a 23-day cycle (hence the WTF), or this might be implantation spotting?

Has anyone ever had two days of mild dull cramping/then spotting at implantation?

Someone told me my 40 were going to be my best decade. So far, that person has been a liar.

4 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hey there! I'm 42 and trying for my third also. ????
Im going to assume you ovulated between cd10-12. Which would make you about 13 dpo now. Is there anything different about this luteal phase then you've had before? Any tiny little thing? Supposedly implantation typically takes place between 6-12 dpo. But everyone is different, as they say, so who knows!
With my first two DD ( 10 & 13yrs) the one thing that was different was I didn't have sore boobs. And when I noticed that, I tested and it was positive. I had a miscarriage last month, but what made me test was that I wasn't having my usual twinges and cramps a day or two before my period was to start. So I tested, and it was positive. My boobs this time hurt like they did post pregnancy with my DD's.
I think it really would help you to try to use opk's . it can really help you with tracking your luteal phase and which symptoms coincide every month with it.
I hope what you've been feeling is different and you'll get your BFP this cycle!!!!
How long have you been trying? Was this your first month?
Good luck !!!!! ***BabyDust*** to you!!! ????????

6 years ago

Hey there! I'm 42 and trying for my third also. ????
Im going to assume you ovulated between cd10-12. Which would make you about 13 dpo now. Is there anything different about this luteal phase then you've had before? Any tiny little thing? Supposedly implantation typically takes place between 6-12 dpo. But everyone is different, as they say, so who knows!
With my first two DD ( 10 & 13yrs) the one thing that was different was I didn't have sore boobs. And when I noticed that, I tested and it was positive. I had a miscarriage last month, but what made me test was that I wasn't having my usual twinges and cramps a day or two before my period was to start. So I tested, and it was positive. My boobs this time hurt like they did post pregnancy with my DD's.
I think it really would help you to try to use opk's . it can really help you with tracking your luteal phase and which symptoms coincide every month with it.
I hope what you've been feeling is different and you'll get your BFP this cycle!!!!
How long have you been trying? Was this your first month?
Good luck !!!!! ***BabyDust*** to you!!! ????????

6 years ago

Sorry. Smiley faces came out as question marks. Lol

6 years ago

We started trying back in April. But it's also been a crazy summer, with the move and all, and I had a couple of cycles in which I wasn't paying as close attention to my body because I had SO much else going on AND my husband wasn't living with us at the time, so no BDing was going down--I knew I wasn't getting preggers. It was actually kind of a relief to have a couple of months of not thinking about it. But we're back in the same house again, and my cycles are just kinda crazy. I'm concerned I simply may not be able to get pregnant again.

I do think that the spotting is the start of AF. That B$%&h. So. Yeah. A 23-day cycle.

I just ordered some Red Clover and Raspberry Leaf to try to balance out my hormones.

Good luck to you too! I'm sorry to hear about your MC. I hope you get your 3rd!

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo