Community post

Discussion

TTC~ing with PCOS and long cycles!

i am 22 been with my partner for 10 months and been trying for 6 was diagnosed with PCOS in January and well (TMI) since being with my fiancee my periods have been more regular but they have lasted for around 29 to 33 day's (actual AF lasting up to 7-10 days) i have been testing since 7 DPO and i am now 10 DPO and i swear i had a very faint pos on one test on 9 DPO but now it seems it is an Evap line.. i am going out of my head trying to keep calm with my 2ww and awaiting blood test results (doctors are testing to see if i ovulated) but ever since 1 DPO and the day before.. i have had more symptoms than ever including severe sore nipples and breast's, creamy/yellow(ish) CM, cramping on lower left side of my stomach, severe back ache sore throat and so many more most of these i have never had during my other cycle's... am i just stressing myself out.. I'm trying to stay positive but my mind is seriously straying trying to find answers :( also being a POASA doesn't help. neither does having "line" eyes lol :S

any input welcome i know most women go through the same on their 2ww but prob had early pos's but i still have to wait till my AF day to test which is another week :( thought's, Idea's even negativity welcome i am just going out of my head here thank's for listening

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi

Well I really hope you aren't going out of your mind....

I have PCOS and have been dealling with LONG cycles too (45-52 day) Thats kinda where my dx of PCOS came from heehee But since the dx I have been put on Metformin and I am at 1500mg a day. (2nd full month on it) It regulated my period the first month (got to a 34 day cycle) and I am waiting to see what happens this month being that I am on a higher dosage. I should be in my fertile period right now. Are you on anything?

I know how it is to "think" you see something, then its really not there or to actually see something to find out it is a false positive (yeppers got me!)

Just pay attention to your body for no one knows it better than you. Treat yourself as if you are pregnant and just wait it out. 2 weeks can seems like an eternity I know but as you have stated you are an addict (POAS ) and you have to take it one day at a time!

Each woman and pregnancy is different so don't stress so much and just enjoy the whole experience!

User Image

12 years ago

thanks for your reply it's nice to talk to someone who is in the same boat as me lol at the moment i am just awaiting the results to come back and for an appointment for an internal and external ultrasound.. and then the doctor is going to put me on Metorformin but have to wait for the rest of my results and my scans until then to give them a clearer picture on what's going on in there i guess.. i seriously hate the 2ww as for my body well this month it's all over the place with symptoms other month's haven't had hardly any other than creamy and more CM or backache and this month it's like my body is on overdrive o.O

thanks for your advise, input and shedding a light on PCOS all i got told was its a hormonal imbalance didn't get told much about it.. thanks again :)

12 years ago • Post starter

No problem! I have a really great OB so she explains a lot but also there are tons of women out there going through the same thing and they put themselves out there for us to learn! I love this site but also with PCOS I also frequent Soulcysters.net. Everything you want to know about PCOS is there and trust me you will be amazed at all of the women!

Met. isn't that bad (well for me) I had a couple weeks with upset tummy but really nothing other than occasional neasua and I just eat something when that happens.....oh and DON'T DRINK A LOT!!!!
It will make you sicker than you have ever been!! A few is ok but if you do more than that you WILL regret it! hahaha

My blood work came back fine but my u/s showed about 5 follicles in one of my ovaries so hope that you get fairly decent news or at least good news for th condition!

Waiting is horrible but its even worse not to know if you are actually ovulating. Oh and btw opks aren't very reliable because our LH levels will rise even if we don't O so basically your reliable method of confirming O is with blood work!

Just keep your head up and if you need anything I am here!!

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo