Day Past Ovulation 56789101112131415    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Ovarian Drilling for PCOS

Category: LTTTC (Long Term Trying to Conceive)
Posted by Hope885 » Feb. 27, 2012 5:50am

Has anyone had ovarian drilling done? Did it work?

Hope885
Reply by mnor0406 » Apr. 24, 2012 11:52am

I've been wondering about this too! I think it may be the next step I ask about at the RE. Would love to hear about any experiences with it.

mnor0406

Reply by Hope885 » Apr. 30, 2012 6:30pm

I had a laproscopy and ovarian drilling on 3/23/12. They found and removed endometrios for the 2nd time. I had some spotting the day of my surgery and counted that as cycle day 1, on cycle day 17 I ovulated!! It was the first time I ovulated without hormones in over 2 years :) I got my very first BFP on 4/20/12. Sadly my hcg levels started to drop the following week and I had a miscarriage a week later. I'm still hopeful that the ovarian drilling worked and I will continue to ovulate on my own.

Hope885

Reply by mommyof1ttc » May. 11, 2012 6:47pm

Did either of you try metformin? I had my CD 3 labs today and have my follow up appt Wednesday. I already had an ultrasound that showed PCOS. I hope something works for me.

mommyof1ttc

Reply by Hope885 » May. 12, 2012 6:15am

I have been on metformin for a year now...not really sure if it's helping or not, but my DR wants me to stay on it.

Hope885

Reply by mnor0406 » May. 13, 2012 6:05pm

I have been on metformin since January. I tried it last year for about 2 weeks with disasterous results but gave it another go. So far I have had all natural cycles while being on it (when I used to have to use Provera to start my cycles), my average cycle length went from 55 to 35 days and I have lost 14 lbs. I call it a half success... personally it's helping me a lot but still no baby so fail there. I still don't think I'm ovulating regularly or one/both of my tubes are blocked. I'll be going in for CD3 testing on tuesday (as AF showed up today) and hopefully I will get results from DH's sperm analysis from last week.

Hope885: So sorry to hear of your loss, but glad that you have had success after drilling. I hope you get another BFP real soon!

mnor0406