Major update and mobile-friendly site coming soon! Learn more
   Day Past Ovulation 123456789101112131415161718    
Start a New Topic

Trying to Conceive Discussion Forum

Recent Activity Forum Categories   Hide Signatures

Looking for cycle buddy...AF is due anyday now

Category: Cycle Buddies & Groups
Posted by curl_gurl » Jan. 4, 2011 9:50am

This will be month #2 of TTC and I'm very confident that this is the month for my DH and I to conceive. Would anyone like to be my cycle buddy so we can help encourage each other and share our stories with one another....?

curl_gurl
Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 4, 2011 9:58am

My AF is due any day now as well... I have been trying for two months as well. I have been using ovulation tests. I am 35 and my husband is 40 so I am scared about infertility issues. I am now at 12 dop and waiting for my AF. It should be here Wed. or Thurs. I am still learning all the ins and outs of this whole process. It is rather intimidating and overwhelming at times! I would be happy to share journeys......

cjpalaska

Reply by CanadianMommy » Jan. 4, 2011 10:24am

I would have loved to be buddies, but i got a BFN this morning and AF usually shows up tonight.
And i am also in my second cycle TTC

DS 2/16/09
Wanting #2 by the end of this year...

CanadianMommy

Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 4, 2011 10:34am

Good luck to you! I am fairly confident that AF is going to show up tommorrow for myself....... Next time will be our months!!!

cjpalaska

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 4, 2011 4:35pm

Yay thanks for the replies ladies , I'm so excited that I have others to share this journey with. I'm new to this site and to TTC, but I'm so excited though. My husband is 31 and i just turned 27 a week ago. AF may be delayed by a day or two because I was taking progesterone suppositories which i vow to never take again because of the side effects. I've never be so anxious for AF to start, I'm ready to give it another try and hopefully this will be the month.

Questions ladies so when its time for you to ovulate do you plan to do the BD on all your fertile days? Just trying to ensure we are maximizing all are chances, i would love to hear your thoughts or plans.

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 4, 2011 4:56pm

Honestly, we aren't up to every night on fertile days, what I have done so far is tell my hubby when I get a faint positive line on the ovulation test and we BD that day then the day there is a strong positive and ideally the 24 hours after... that is what they suggest. If you can and your hubby is up for it BD everyday you are fertile and the day after you ovulate is probably the best effort there is.... They say the more sperm you have in store for when you ovulate the best chance you have! I am going to try to take robitussin this cycle because I use to work as a pharmacy technician and I know that it thins mucus (usually for colds) but for women when they ovulate it thins your cm and therefore helps the swimmers get to the egg easier- It can't hurt!

Let us know how it goes for you and when you expect to ovulate.... I still haven't gotten AF but it should be here tommorrow then I think I will be ovulating on the 19th..

cjpalaska

Reply by faiirydust » Jan. 5, 2011 5:53am

Hi ladies,

Im also waiting for AF to show her ugly face anytime soon. I suffer with PCOS so I might not even see her this month at all without being pregnant talk about making my life hard

Although saying that I do have a lot of the symptoms that are mention but DH believes I'm searching way too far into it.

3 BFN's so far so going to restrain myself and do another one on saturday.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

faiirydust

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 5, 2011 10:31am

@cjpalaska i want to give the robitussin a try I have heard a few other ladies mention that in other forums. Is there a certain brand or kind I need to get and when should i start taking it and how much should i take? I hope I'm not asking too many questions but I'm trying to go in with full force this time..lmbo.

I hope i start today, I'm already some days late I'm not sure by how many days the progesterone suppositories can delay one, but I know its messing with my O days, but I will try not sweat it and continue to think positive. But hopefully AF comes today. Also, I think we will try the BD every fertile day and rest on the day of the trigger shot.

curl_gurl

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 5, 2011 10:33am

@faiirydust good luck and keep us posted!

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 5, 2011 3:29pm

AF today as expected for me; I am trying to give it my all so to speak this month also... I just keep learning all kinds of new things from this forum thanks to everyone sharing things... and looking things up on my own as well.... I read about the robitussin and from my own experience working in the pharmacy this is what I will do; You can take either liquid; Robitussin brand (make sure it is the plain with no other additives for other symptoms or ingredients) the ingredient you want is called guafeneisen..... the liquid is only good for about 4 hours; so theroretically you would have to take it no sooner than 4 hours before you BD; but I am going to buy the tablets (guafenesien) that are called Mucinex (again the plain; no other ingredients) extended release because they last every 12 hours and you only have to take one. They suggest to take one twice a day then for your five fertile days..... That is what I am going to try this month. I have also been taking soy isoflavones supplements on day 3 to 6 of my cycle this is suppose to help with estrogen and egg production; can't hurt now that I am 35!!! Let me know if this helps....

cjpalaska

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 6, 2011 10:31am

@ cjpalaska thanks for the info that was very informative, I think I will gave that a try next month if for some reason I do not conceive this month. Thanks a million for the information!!

So, AF finally showed up yesterday. I go to the doc's office tomorrow for my sonogram, I'm ready to rock and roll. So I believe that the 16-18th are my fertile days and my O day is the 19th but I'm sure this will change b/c I will be given the trigger shot days before which will move up my O date by a few days.

So cjpalaska looks like our AFs showed up on the exact days for us..yayy!! Last time around I only did the BD the day before O and the day of O b/c that's what i was told by the doc. But when i go to the office tomorrow I'm going to ask if i should do the BD on all my fertile days and after O day. I really want this to be a successful month.

Hey cjpalaska are the 16-18 th our fertile days b/c that's the time frame a website gave me but my an app on my phone shows 14-18th as being my fertile days? I'm so excited as if you can't tell....lmbo:)

curl_gurl

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 6, 2011 10:45am

okay, cjpalaska i just did the fertility calculator through this site and it give me the following dates:

YOUR RESULTS

You will likely be most fertile between
Saturday January 15, 2011 and Wednesday January 19, 2011

So, I will use these dates plus the 20 unless instructed otherwise by the doc.

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 6, 2011 4:50pm

I have calculated through another site I use for ovulation day on 18th.... fertile days 14 through 19...... I am still going to use an ovulation test though to be sure when I ovulate just in case it is a day off or so! Looks like our cycles are almost exactly the same! How crazy is that!!! Let me know what your doctor says also.......

cjpalaska

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 7, 2011 7:59am

sure thing I'm headed to the doc office in a hour, i will let you know what that they tell me.

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 7, 2011 8:34am

Can you tell me why they do the sonogram and trigger shot for you? I am not familiar with what that does....

So I still have only had very light spotting once a day for about three days but pregnancy tests are negative.... I usually have heavy on schedule periods so I am very confused.... I called my dr. and they may do a blood test ... I will let you know what I hear as well

Good luck at the dr. !!

cjpalaska

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 7, 2011 11:27am

Well, my DH has ED so I'm going to the clinic to increase are chances of conceiving. The sonogram is done on day 2 or 3 of the menstrual cycle to check the follicles. Than when i go back which will be on the 17th they will do another sonogram to see how big my egg is and which ovary is releasing the egg, they check to make sure that my egg is ready to drop than they give me the trigger shot to to make me ovulate sooner than I 'm suppose to O to ensure my DH and I do the BD on the exact day of O to increase are chances of conceiving.

The nurse told me to try to do the BD on the 15th or 16th to ensure he has fresh sperm on our target dates which will be the 18th and 19th due to the trigger shot.

Good luck at the dr, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 7, 2011 3:02pm

The nurse had me go in and take a blood test; I am waiting for her call back! I am relieved either way because I will know for sure and be able to move on mentally which would be a great relief:) I will let you know what I find out; but thinking it will be a negative and just a wierd cycle...

cjpalaska

Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 7, 2011 3:40pm

Test was negative:( I guess I will be struggling through this month as well... now I will be waiting to ovulate again!

cjpalaska

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 7, 2011 9:52pm

Well at least now you know so you don't have to stress anymore and can solely focus on O day this month.

curl_gurl

Reply by cjpalaska » Jan. 12, 2011 8:10pm

Hey.... did your AF arrive??? Mine is over now and I am waiting to O...should be the 17,18,or 19th.... I am going to starting testing this Sat. Are you going to use opk this month? I am also going to try the Robitussin for five days.... let me know what happens with you as well:)

cjpalaska

Reply by curl_gurl » Jan. 13, 2011 10:06am

Yes AF has came and gone. I'm getting the trigger shot again on the 17th so I should ovulate on the 19th. So, I will BD on either the 15 or 16th and for sure BD on the 18th and 19th. I have to BD on the 15th or 16th to ensure fresh swimmers. i'm not using OPK I'm just letting the docs track everything with their tools and technology. But I am trying Preseed this time around.

Have your heard about fertilaid for both the men and women to increase chances of conceiving? If so, what are you thoughts?

http://www.babymed.com/fertilaid

Make sure you keep me posted as I will be sure to keep you posted. Good luck to us this month hopefully this is our month.

curl_gurl