Community post

Discussion

Just need someone to talk to

I'm really feeling my emotions tonight. I drive myself crazy. I tried talking about it but all I get from them is "as soon as you stop trying it will happen" or "you thinking about it is why you haven't gotten pregnant" its very frustrating. So I stop talking about it. My husband tries to help and I know he means well. I honestly wish my Mom was still here so I could just pick up the phone and vent. Am I overthinking? If so, could it be the reason why I haven't conceived? Its really hard to keep Hope after all the negatives I keep getting.

4 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hey. Im sorry you're going through this. I felt the same way. My SO kept telling me that everyone was telling him to stop trying and it will happen. Funny thing is, it did. I had an early miscarriage at about 6 weeks; 3 weeks ago. However, after a year of trying, it did give me hope that it IS possible. Its the stress of the whole thing that hinders pregnancy, that's why people say to stop trying. And I get it, but it IS so very hard. Are you charting, using OPK? I just went back to doing both. So I'm back in the symptom checking, poas game.
How long have you been trying?

6 years ago

I want to say that yes, we're more fertile after CP... but I keep getting CP as well.

It makes me long to be one of those ladies who gets pregnant by one night.

Maybe we should all just drink till we can't stand up and have tons of sex. Maybe that'll make the baby dust work?

I also don't really have anyone to talk to. My friends can't seem to understand the confusion, shame, and pain of TTC and having repeated CPs.

My SO is saying it just isn't our time yet.

So, I guess, all we can do is keep trying? Keep dreaming?

6 years ago

Hello dear! I'm really sorry you have to go through this. I faced infertility. I know how it feels when no one around understand your feelings. They just don't get it. For them giving birth was easy peasy lemon squeezy. They don't even imagine how hard ttc is for us. We were trying for 9 years before I got pregnant. And all that time while we were trying I heard those words. "Stop trying so hard", "pregnancy is all you're thinking about", "just concentrate on something else" etc. Those words were driving me crazy. It seemed to me no one understood what I'm going through. They were getting pregnant and giving birth one after another. And I was just staying there apart from them and didn't understand what am I doing wrong? When I finally got pregnant I was over the moon. My husband and I were so happy. We couldn't believe that it's finally our turn to become parents. We were sure everything will be perfect. We believed we deserved to finally be happy. I didn’t even catch a moment when everything went wrong. I had suffered from internal bleeding, which doctors have not diagnosed in time. So on the seventh month of pregnancy placental abruption occurred. Doctors had to remove the fetus along with the uterus. It's been 3 years already... But it feels like it was yesterday. I still can't hold back my tears when I think about it. Even now I'm crying like crazy. Everyone keeps telling me "just let it go", "you will get better soon", "just distract yourself ", "it happens to many women", "there is nothing you can do about it so leave it in the past". It is so easy for them to tell that things. They don't even understand that those words make the situation for me even worse. I can't let it go. I will feel and carry this pain through my whole life. There is nothing in this world which can distract me or make me to forget. I just hope that with time I will be able to somehow control this pain and my emotions. That's why we decided that it's time for us to move on. I feel like surrogacy will give us a chance to live but not exist in pain.

6 years ago

I lost all hope and was so depressed. I know exactly how you feel. We had been trying since 2010 and had seen different doctors. I had never ever been pregnant, not even a miscarriage and I thought it would never happen. At least not without expensive procedures. We were saving up for IUIs ($300 each try) and for a $1200 procedure to see if my tubes are scared closed from my PCOS. Then, out of no where, I got my first ever BFP after over 7 years of trying!! I'm now almost out of my first trimester with a healthy baby. For most couples, it isn't impossible, it just takes way longer than others. Keep the hope

TTC for 7 years. First ever 12/9/2017

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo